Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear Armor vs BitDefender Box 2

OctoberPrince78
Aspirant

NetGear Armor vs BitDefender Box 2

Hey guys, 

So I have a BitDefender Box 2 a few days ago and had really bad wifi range vs my Verizon G3100.  That said I was looking at wifi routers and found that the NetGear Armor series have BitDefender built in.  Ultimately I'd like to reduce the devices using Modem > NetGear Armor router instead of Modem > BitDefender Box > Wifi Router.  

Therefore the kicker is, does both Netgear Armor and BitDefender BOX offer the same protection or is one better than the other.

Thasnk for your feedback and thoughts folks.

SC

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router, R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NetGear Armor vs BitDefender Box 2

Hi OctoberPrince78, 

Welcome to the community! Here's a helpful article explaining the differences between the two services. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059688/How-is-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-different-from-the-Bitdefender...

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
OctoberPrince78
Aspirant

Re: NetGear Armor vs BitDefender Box 2

Thanks for your feedback Christian.

Specifically I’m looking for the difference between the Netgear Routers running Armor versus the Bitdefender Box 2. Not its total security antivirus suite.

Since the BD Box 2 and Netgear router w/ Armor is practically the same type of device offering both security and wifi connectivity, are there any pros and cons between the two?

Box 2 is cheaper than the R7000P. However the router offers better wifi range. My guess is that Box 2 offers better protection due to its DPI scanning. While the R7000P offers better wifi range, but the protection is questionable as there is very limited info on protection levels, deep packet scanning, etc..?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7