Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear R7000P security "expired" not going away after purchase

HeatherMac8
Follower

NetGear R7000P security "expired" not going away after purchase

I have a NetGear router model R7000P that I purchased in November 2018. I had the Bitdefender Security system installed on it, but did not realize that it had expired. I was looking at the Nighthawk app to see if I could speed up my router, and noticed the Security was expired. I purchased the security, got the activation code from my email, activated it, yet the red EXPIRED message is still there and not of my devices are connected to the security system. I checked for firmware updates, rebooted the router, and checked for app updates for the Nighthawk app. All are up to date. I'm trying to contact support, but it appears I cannot without paying a premium price. I have now paid $70 for security that is not working, cannot directly contact any sort of customer support about it other than these message boards, and am not very happy.

Message 1 of 4

Re: NetGear R7000P security "expired" not going away after purchase

They don't make this easy to find, but if you follow this link and scroll down the page you'll find the help you are looking for:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Email or Call us 

Cheers

Message 2 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

I think think you need to be talking to the Bitdefender support people.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HeatherMac8,

Welcome to the community! I'd like to look into this further for you. When you get a chance, may you send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7