Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor Blocking Xfinity Apps

Mcallan01
Aspirant

Netgear Armor Blocking Xfinity Apps

Anybody else recently experiencing that the Xfinity app is unable to load recorded or live shows in the mobile app or on Roku when Armor is enabled?  When Armor is enabled the app loads, but the show tiles/widgets are greyed out and do not load.  Also, the channel icons do not load in the Live TV Guide.  Disabling Armor causes both apps to work as expected.  I have a CAX80 running firmware version 2.1.3.7 and have been since it's release without issue.  This issue started about 2 weeks ago.  See the attached file showing when Armor is enabled (grey tiles) and when it is disabled on the router (full show tile icons).  Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor Blocking Xfinity Apps

Hi Mcallan01,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Did you just recently update the firmware of the CAX80? If not yet, please try doing so for isolation. You may try the steps from the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Mcallan01
Aspirant

Hi there. The current firmware version I have on there is the latest available for download for the CAX80.
Message 3 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mcallan01,

Thank you for your response. Did you reset the CAX80 after loading/updating the latest firmware? If the issue is still the same after reset, Please DM us the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (atleast 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
cponnusa
Aspirant

Has this been resolved? I am also unable to access Xfinity account from my phone, no Xfinity Stream working and unable to login to my account from my home computer.

This is pathetic that Netgear is not giving a clear solution.

Message 5 of 7
Topology
Virtuoso

FYI:  I am using NETGEAR Armor (RAXE500, firmware 1.0.10.86); and have observed no issues with the Xfinity Stream, Xfinity TV Remote, or Xfinity My Account apps on an iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.6.1).

Message 6 of 7
cponnusa
Aspirant

Similar problem like mine are experienced by other users also, so I am not alone. I hope Netgear does something to fix it.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7