Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor Expired - How do I remove it from my Nighthawk X-6?

firefox111
Apprentice

Netgear Armor Expired - How do I remove it from my Nighthawk X-6?

X6 R8000 Firmware version: V1.0.4.46_10.1.63

I need to remove the Netgear Armor from my X6 because it seems like with it being enabled, even though the free trial has expired, I am not able to remotely manage my X6.  Also the "Respond to Ping on Internet Port" has a checkmark but I cannot removed the checkmark because it is grayed out.

I don't want under armor!

Thanks in advance.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
firefox111
Apprentice

That should be "netgear armor" not "under armor".  Sorry.

Also, I use the Nighthawk app on my iPhone and tried to disable Armor from there.  When I go to Setting->Security, it opens store.bitdefender.com and forces me to purchase the Armor!  I don't want to renew the expired trial of Armor or even purchase Armor.  I just want to get rid of the Armor (expired) from my X6.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @firefox111, welcome to the community! The Armor feature will be disabled if the status is expired. Are you looking to remotely manage your router via the Nighthawk app? If yes, please try toggling the Remote Management feature off then on and check if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 3 of 9
firefox111
Apprentice

No!  I usually use my Computer to manage my router (I have two, one in each house).  I don't like managing on a small screen!  I can no longer https://myrouterdomain.com:8443.

I just want to manage it from the convenience of a PC at my desk.  The Remote Management option box has a checkmark and it is grayed out that I cannot alter it.  Plus the url displayed is what I use on my remote PC's browser - AND it does NOT work!

But the remote management from a mobile app works - what is the protocol used by the mobile app???

If I remove my router from the mobile app, does it free up its ownership on the remote management of my router thus enabling me to remotely manage it from a PC?

Message 4 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @firefox111, remote management via the web browser and the app are somewhat different/separate from each other. To confirm, the R8000 is configured to be in router mode and not on AP mode, correct?

Dexter

Message 5 of 9
firefox111
Apprentice

My R8000 is configured as a router.  As mentioned, I prefer to manage my routers from a desktop or a laptop Windows PC.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @firefox111, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 7 of 9
firefox111
Apprentice

Dexter,

Thank you. I will be on the road for the next couple of days. I will give you the info when I reach my destination. Can I reply to you your PM? I didn't see a "Reply" button when I read the message or did I not see it.

Merry Christmas

Message 8 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @firefox111, yes, you should be able to reply to it. You can select the message to open it and the reply option should be available. Please keep us posted.

Dexter

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7