Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor Settings

SlimTrigger
Tutor

Netgear Armor Settings

netgear armor configuration

I tried netgear armor,  but found that it some times block sites that I actually need to get to.  I don't see any way to configure it to allow some blocked sites -  is there a way to tell it to allow access to certain sites?  This is pretty much a deal-breaker for me!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SlimTrigger, welcome to the community! You can submit the site of the URL to Bitdefender for whitelisting using the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

Dexter

Message 2 of 11
SlimTrigger
Tutor

Thanks very much for your response.  Unfortunately, that was not the answer I was looking for.  Perhaps in some future release the Netgear Armor Settings could provide for a means to access "questionable" sites.

Message 3 of 11
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @DexterJB.

The link that you posted above is to report to Bitdefender a URL or a File "False Positive" or "False Negative". In my case, I don't have a clue that it is false, but I have no means of establishing whether the seven physhing alerts reported by Bitdefender are real or not. All seven threats refer to the same URL: https://click.e.email-XX.com/ where the XX appears to refer to the financial institution I deal with. When Bitdefender reports 'blocked threats', unless such reports are accompanied with some kind of explanation, how is the user able to determine the validity of those alerts? 

Message 4 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Orbi-Roc, the sites/URLs are checked against a database of known URLs which is maintained by Bitdefender in the cloud. Bitdefender support may be able to provide a more explicit reason and explanation on the hows and whys these are classified as such. Their support channels are always available here.

Dexter

Message 5 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Orbi-Roc wrote:

All seven threats refer to the same URL: https://click.e.email-XX.com/ where the XX appears to refer to the financial institution I deal with.  

Appears yes, but most likley part of some Scam ...this kind of URL does *****.

Message 6 of 11
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Thank you @DexterJB . I shall do that.

Message 7 of 11
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @DexterJB .

I did contact support about this; and after two weeks and a couple of back and forth, I still don't have a definite answer from them. In response to the last message I received from Bitdefender Support, I submitted two screenshots of the Bitdefender notifications that they requested. They also gave me a link to provide them with a "diagnotic"; but the said link was for Windows PCs only not MAC's. When I gave them the two screenshots of the sample notifications I got, I also included comments to the effect that the "diagnotic" link they gave me was for Microsoft, and whether or not they had a similar link for Apple MacOS comoputers. I never heard back from them. In their last email to me, they were also asking me:

"Do you believe that could be a false positive?"

Seriously! The whole purpose of opening up a case with Bitdefender Support was to find out if this Bitdefender physhing alerts were real or false ... And they're ASKING ME WHAT I THINK! SERIOUSLY! 

If you're listening Bitdefender, don't ask me what I think; tell me whether or not these physhing alerts were real or false positive -- that's MY QUESTION TO YOU!

Again, I never heard back from Bitdefender; and as far as I know, the case is still open.

So that's my lot. So for me, unless things drastically change for the better over the next 30 days or so remaining from my trial period, I WILL NOT pay for this product.

Message 8 of 11
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Orbi-Roc, thank you for the update. Let me check on this and get back to you if I have more info.

Dexter

Message 9 of 11
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Actually @DexterJB , I decided to de-activate Armor, despite having >30 days left on the trial period. I've had too many issues with Armor, especially when Bitdefender Total Security is activated (serious issues on both Windows PCs and Macs.) 

As far as malware detection and alerts goes, they were either stale-dated (such as email leaks already solved months or years prior) or false positives.

The final straw for me was a noticeable deterioration in UltraHD video streaming from Netflix, whereby the flow would break here and there, just for a fraction of a second multiple times during a viewing session; and regular WiFi interruptions, both of which became apparent only in the last couple of weeks.

Thank you for all your help and hope that all the quirks can be worked out, including more timely and responsive support from BD.

Message 10 of 11
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Just on a hunch from another post, I disabled Daisy-Chain Topology and from then on, with Armor activate, no more jitter 4K streaming, NONE, during a three hour viewing session last night. Moreover, not only have I not experienced ANY internet drops, but the signal strength in areas known to be very weak and now averaging 100. I don't know if this daisy-chain topology did the trick, I'll leave this to the technical gurus; but for me, Armor is now giving me added security I was seeking. If these good results stand over the next 30 days, I'll readily go through the difficult process of migrating to a paid subscription (;<))

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7