Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor Showing New Connections That Don't Exist (RBR50)

Nerfect
Follower

Netgear Armor Showing New Connections That Don't Exist (RBR50)

I've never installed Netgear Armor but I keep getting notifications that new devices have connected to my network. These are always devices that I have never seen or heard of and I'm not seeing them on another network map I have. I've also recieved a dangerous URL blocked notification as well.

How am I getting these if Armor has never been installed. Also because it's not installed, I can't figure out a way to disable the notifications?

Is this something I should be concerned about. At the very least, how do I disable the notifications?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Netgear Armor Showing New Connections That Don't Exist (RBR50)

Do you use the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "App" to manage the system?

It would help if you can post screen shots of these notices.

Just a thought... Using the Orbi web interface, it might be helpful to check two places:

On the Advanced Tab, under Security, Access Control.  Is "Access Control" checked?

On the Advanced Tab, under Security, is there anything under Block Sites?

On the Advanced Tab, under Administration, do these events correspond to entries in the Orbi Log?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Good Luck.

@Nerfect wrote:

I've never installed Netgear Armor but I keep getting notifications that new devices have connected to my network. These are always devices that I have never seen or heard of and I'm not seeing them on another network map I have. I've also recieved a dangerous URL blocked notification as well.

How am I getting these if Armor has never been installed. Also because it's not installed, I can't figure out a way to disable the notifications?

Is this something I should be concerned about. At the very least, how do I disable the notifications?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Nerfect wrote:

Have you looked at the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app" to verify that Armor is not installed? The reason I ask is Disney Circle and Armor are not things one "installs".  There is a screen early in the Orbi setup process that sort of assumes the user wants these and the option not to activate them is often missed.  Since I was careful to say, "No thanks", neither appear in my web interface.  When I look on the Orbi App (and scroll down to "Security") I can see that it is not activated.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7