Netgear Armor - Someone elses router attached to my account

Craigster65
Aspirant

Netgear Armor - Someone elses router attached to my account

Reaching out to the community for help since support has frustratingly been unable to help... or even understand at this point.

Simple problem - there is someone else's router showing up as registered to my account in Netgear Armor. I get their alerts and notifications. I have opened several cases with Netgear and Armor support. No help as of yet.

Netgear support was able to remove the 2nd router (that is not mine) from my Netgear account after several support cases, calls etc. They informed me that the Armor issue would be corrected as well. It has not.

Ive opened another case with BitDefender/Armor as instructed, and gave all the specifics they asked for - screen shots, case number of the original device transfer, the serial numbers (and email address of the other owner of the router) etc.Its a very simple request - please just remove the other persons Armor subscription from my account. If the other person logs into his Armor account, it shows no devices. If I log into mine, it shows mine and his, all the alerts for both. He has also tried to contact support with no help or success.

After a week, I got a cheerful response even though nothing was done:

Hello,
I hope my e-mail finds you well.
Has the issue been resolved?
Keep in mind that I'm here to assist if you get stuck at any point, or if you have other questions.

All the best!
Kind Regards,
Daniel B.
Customer Care Representative

Im at a loss how a tech support rep can read the detailed info and just respond "Hey is it fixed" wihtout having done anything?

Is there anyone that can help me get this fixed, or tell me how to find someone who actually reads the sent information and can understand what needs to be done?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor - Someone elses router attached to my account

Hello Craigster65, 

Welcome to the community! I'd like to look into this further for you. May you send me a private message with your case number(s) and email address associated with your case(s). 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Craigster65
Aspirant

Thank you Christian. PM was sent.

Message 3 of 4
Craigster65
Aspirant

In case anyone is reading this and considering a purchase -

Its now Dec 18, 2 weeks after opening the case, untold number of emails, messages, frustrating telephone calls......

Promise of resolve from multiple levels of support -

And it is STILL NOT FIXED!!

I think the other posters that I have read stating the futility of getting help from Netgear are correct - I guess the resolve is for me to cancel the Armor account and walk away... If I can have access to someone else's router, I wonder who else has access to mine????
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E