Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor URL exclusions or whitelisting

Yocal9
Follower

Netgear Armor URL exclusions or whitelisting

Is it possible to add URL exclusions or whilelist sites with Netgear Armor? I've activated it on my RBR50 Orbi system and there are URLs that I need to get to and mobile apps that need access that Armor is blocking, with no settings for allowing or exception/exclusions/whilelisting. I know this can be done with BitDefender installed on my systems, but Armor is still blocking sites that I can't get access to unless I deactivate it or jump onto another network, which defeats the purpose.

I like Armor and am considering a subscription at the end of my trial but if I can't add exceptions then it won't work for me.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 18
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Yocal9,

Welcome to the community!

You can submit it through this link.

Dexter

Message 2 of 18
Plumbuddle
Star

I've got this exact situation too.  I submitted a negative copying in the blocking reference, hope this works.

Message 3 of 18
shawn007
Guide

@DexterJB wrote:

Hi @Yocal9,

Welcome to the community!

You can submit it through this link.

Dexter

This is a dumb solution.

You are falsely blocking my compay websites which I need immediate access to. It is terrible that you want us to submit the URL to get it unblock and wait days and days for them to review it. I understand we would be building your database for you, but I need to immediately access my own site. Neargear Armor on the bottom of the page says, "We suggest that you [Go back to safety]". You need to have a option to "Proceed to website." So we can have immediate access to our websites rather than waiting days for them to review the links. Furthermore, you need to allow us to whitelist the sites immediately.  The only way I can visit my company websites is by disabling Armor, this pretty much makes Armor useless and my network vunerable to other types of attacks and popups while Armor is disabled.

If you continue to block false postive websites and not giving the ability to whitelist the IPs, you are loosing clients. Personally, I will not renew the Armor subscription if this option is not immediately offered. 

Message 4 of 18
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @shawn007, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have forwarded it to the team for their consideration.

Dexter

Message 5 of 18
mrfibby
Initiate

What makes it even more frustrating is that in my case the site is blocked on one computer but not another. Both are on the same Orbi network and both are hard wired into the same sattelite.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 18
Plumbuddle
Star

I agree with Shaun. In particular, I submitted the (harmless community newsletter) website that Armor blocked some months ago, and it has not yet been whitelisted.  I have to read the newsletter pages on my phone away from home.  It’s ridiculous.  I too will not subscribe further to Armor unless I am permitted to take whatever alleged risks I choose.

Message 7 of 18
Orevin
Initiate

I agree with the comments above. There should be a simpler and quicker way to whitelist trusted sites. Had the Amror service running for only for a few minutes and disabled it. While the pricing structure is very attractive, I won't subscribe to the service.

Message 8 of 18
steiningernc
Initiate

There is no reason you should not be able to continue once warned. I will be disabling my permanently because you cost me a very important work meeting with the military because you blocked it. Then I just tried paying a garbage bill of a local company and I can't. This is very poor customer service.

Message 9 of 18
AlexK17
Initiate

This is crazy.  There should be an option for me to whitelist things I want on my own router.  I shouldn't have to submit it to Netgear to review.  I'm not asking you to whitelist something globally.  It is my network, it is my choice.  If I want to visit this site, then I should be able to.  

Message 10 of 18
lwgold
Initiate

It is so sad that Netgear Armor is blocking my company website(s).  I don't have the time to wait for BitFinder to whitelist it.  I need the option on my Nighthawk R7000 to enter my own sites that I want/need whitelisted

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 11 of 18
Plumbuddle
Star

Just dump the product. I did and it solved everything.
Message 12 of 18
jstuff
Initiate

I've only had mine for a week. The mesh has improved network performance in the house, so I really want to like this. But it's URL blocking is TERRIBLE. It needs to allow for bypass after warning or whitelisting or both. I think I may be just returning the Netgear Orbi and going with a different product. Terrible design. 

Message 13 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jstuff, 

Please check out the article below on how to unblock URLs in Armor.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061715/How-do-I-unblock-URLS-in-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

Message 14 of 18
Orevin
Initiate

Unblocking doesn't work. I sent a support request two days ago, haven't gotten any response, not even an automated confirmation email.

Message 15 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Orevin, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and case number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 16 of 18
tashrobinson
Initiate

Adding my me too here.  This is ridiculous!  Really who though it would be a good idea to block sites you think might be suspicious, but have no way to bypass the block.  You are blocking a number of sites I need access to, and I have no intention of submitting them to you to review or approve, I want them, I need them, you need to let me bypass the block. This is completely unacceptable.  I just finally got the system all set up the way I like, but I'm about to return it, because this is a deal breaker... YOU NEED TO FIX THIS QUICKLY!

edit: sorry I was getting really upset about this because I'm on a time crunch and things were blocked.  I figured out in the orbi app, it notfies that it blocked sites, if you click on the notification there is the option to unblock.  

It is still a bit ridculous that I cant just click procced on the web page, and I didn't have my phone near or think about looking on the phone to unblock sites Im working on on my main PC. 

Message 17 of 18
shimmy2
Aspirant

Anyone ever get a solution to this? The security center of the app won't even give me the option to disable it

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 43 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7