Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor access lost after latest firmware update.

Frank038
Initiate

Netgear Armor access lost after latest firmware update.

I can no long access Armor after the latest firmware update. I paid for the 1 year after the 90 freebie trial. I was always able to get in before the update. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank  you.

Message 1 of 42
landesjm
Initiate

I have the same issue after updating the FW to V1.3.1.64_10.1.36 

I can login to the Netgear and Armor sites, but cannot get the Armor software to reactivate. 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 42
gdborch
Guide

i have the same problem when trying to launch armor from the option on the netgear PC web browser when accessing my router. However. the subdomain armor.netgear still shows my armor subscription as active and correctly lists my router and devices , also the netgear android app also shows armor as active on my router. So its not clear if this is a problem with armor not activated on the router properly or an issue with the web view of the router itself. It would be good if netgear provided some information on this after their firmware upgrade - not impressed!

Message 3 of 42
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

If you've just recently updated the firmware, we recommend resetting the router to factory settings as described here. Please let us know if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 4 of 42
Frank038
Initiate

I resetted to factory settings and nothing changed.

Message 5 of 42
gdborch
Guide

Factory reset doesnt work for me either.

it has now caused me to give up armor completely and find another solution. its not really acceptable for a security solution to fail on a firmware upgrade and have Netgear not take any action or show any concern about it. The whole netgear/armor experience has been very dissapointing. Bitdefender is good and working well for me and their support is excellent. The router part of netgear is fine and works well but the armor approach lacks many features of the bitdefender box2 offering and has very poor support  except where bitdefender themselves are trying to help out. the armor subscription payment has been a waste of money for me. Now using the bitdefender box2  and bidefender central which is much, much better. Yes, some features of the netgear router are not available in AP mode but they are either features that i dont need or can be achieved in another way. interestingly one of the vulnerabilities in my network that bitdefender identifies is the R7000P router itself (insecure authentication procedure). Armor is a great idea from Netgear but it, and security in general, needs to be taken much more seriously by them if it is to be a good solution.

Message 6 of 42

"Its not really acceptable for a security solution to fail on a firmware upgrade and have Netgear not take any action or show any concern about it"

My Armour subcription failed on the firmware upgrade. I agree it is unacceptable.

Message 7 of 42
johnmctech
Guide

Not happy either.  Just updated firmware to the latest and now lost Bitdefender Armor.  It wont activate.  Tried a factory default and still no luck.  Paid for a premium product, paid for a premium subscription service and Netgear obviously didnt check their update before releasing it.  I can login to the armor website and my subscription is active, however when I try to enable it on the router it logs in than trys to activate a 90 day trial (even though I have paid) and than says to contact technicial support.  It was running well until this update was applied.  Update V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Message 8 of 42
Neil53
Star

I have the same problem as every body else I did call netgear was given the tel num for armor they keep telling me they call back  every day I call and get the same answer they will callback  big ripe off from the company I give any body the number if they like

Message 9 of 42
johnmctech
Guide

My Armor still wont work with the latest firmware.  Im tempted to roll back to the previous firmware V1.3.1.44_10.1.23 as I know Armor worked with that release. 

Message 10 of 42
Neil53
Star

can you let us know if it works when you try it.  

Message 11 of 42
Neil53
Star

can you let us know if it works when you try rolling it back to old version

Message 12 of 42
johnmctech
Guide

Just tried defaulting the router again for the third time and can happily report Armor is working again with the latest firmware.  It did however give me the same error again about the 90 day trial however I just selected activate and tried it again and it worked, Armor now enabled and working.

Message 13 of 42
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @fatfreddyscat and @Neil53, are you still experiencing the issue?

Message 14 of 42
Neil53
Star

Yes I still having same problem was on tel with net gear and they told me the problem is due to me putting in a different email address and I have to get armor to transfer my account to the new email address I used

Message 15 of 42
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Neil53, thanks for the update. Yes, as experience by some other users as well, it is best to have Bitdefender sort it out on their end and make sure that the license is activated on the correct email/credentials. I believe you are already in contact with Bitdefender's support team.

Dexter

Message 16 of 42
landesjm
Initiate

Hey DexterJB, 

I use the same email with Netgear and Bitdefender. I find it unacceptable to have to "factory reset" the router and then reconfigure, but I guess that is what I will have to try next. Why not fix the issue with a new firmware release? 

Message 17 of 42
KennyP14
Tutor

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THIS?  I can't get my Armor subscription to work either after the firmware update.  ARGGH!

Message 18 of 42
KennyP14
Tutor

Since I bet this is happening to everyone who wasted their money on Armor, I am wondering, DO THEY TEST FIRMWARE BEFORE RELEASING IT?  So frustrating.

Message 19 of 42
Neil53
Star

Mine did not work because when I did a reinstall I changed my email address so. If you do a reinstall make sure you use the email address on file with armor or email them with your new email address that the only way that they change it

Message 20 of 42
Neil53
Star

Mine did not work because when I did a reinstall I changed my email address so. If you do a reinstall make sure you use the email address on file with armor or email them with your new email address that the only way that they change it

Message 21 of 42
KennyP14
Tutor

Thanks but I used the same email address.
Message 22 of 42
Neil53
Star

did You stick the paper clip in the back to do a factory reset or if can find the armor tel num would you like it

Message 23 of 42
Neil53
Star

did You stick the paper clip in the back to do a factory reset or if I can find the armor tel num would you like it

Message 24 of 42
KennyP14
Tutor

Have not done a factory reset yet. Shouldn't have to. I don't want to lose all my settings. I guess I will reset tomorrow. Ridiculous.
Message 25 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 41 replies
  • 26 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7