Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor and Bitdefender

ynet
Aspirant

Netgear Armor and Bitdefender

I have the Netgear Armor subscription that expires on 02/15/2021.

The Netgear Armor was installed on my router Nighthawk AC2300 Model R7000P, and since installation had blocked spam and phishing attempts, prepared vulnerability reports, and detected devices connected to the network. So, looks like the Netgear Armor did what it is designed for – protected my network.

Today, I've decided to install the Bitdefender Security that is a part of my subscription on each device in network for better protection on my Toshiba laptop.

I have followed the instruction How do I install Bitdefender Security on-the-go protection on my devices?“ from Netgear Support page.

However, after the installation, I have received an error message on my computer, saying Your PC will automatically restart in one minute, Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart, You should close this message now and save your work. This message is shown repeatedly and my PC keeps rebooting continuously.

I had to go to the “Safe Mode” to uninstall the Bitdefender files.

I have tried to install the Bitdefender twice with the same result.

My computer has Windows 10 Pro, ver.20H2.

I am new to this stuff, so I am not sure if I have enough protection without Bitdefender Security on individual devices.

Please advise what to do.

Thank you very much

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor and Bitdefender

Hello ynet, 

Welcome to the community! Is the error still occurring oh your Toshiba laptop? 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
ynet
Aspirant

Hello Christian,

I tryed to install Bitdefender Security twice, and every time I had this reccurent message "Your PC will automatically restart ..."

I order to be able to yse my laptop, I went to the "Safe mode" twice and uninstalled the Bitdefender Security.

So, now I don't have these message.

I also don't have the Btdefender Security installed, so I am not sure what kind of protection my network and computer have. 

I cannot use VPN either without Btdefender Security installed.

Thank you in advance for all recommendations,

Yuri

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Yuri,

I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. May you send me a private message with the following info. 

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7