Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor and another antivirus

xtrmtrk
Initiate

Netgear Armor and another antivirus

A few days ago I bought a year's subsription to Armor.  Everythign seemed to go smoothly and I could see that it was installed on my Orbi router.

Yesterday there was a local Comcast failure which in the process of diagnosing forced me to do a factory reset of my Orbi.  Since then I have been unable to reactivate Armor.

When I run the Orbi app it shows that Security is "Not Activated" so I click on the button to install it.  I then see it "Validaing Account" then only an option to "Activate Trial".  Upon selecting that I get an error dialog saying "ERROR Failed to Subscribe"

If I use a browser and log into my Netgear Armor account I can see it knows about my Orbi and is still reporting threats from several days ago.

I've attached a collection of all of the screens I see.

I've tried restarting the Orbi many times.  I've done another factory reset.  NOTHING seems to let me activate Armor again.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Armor and another antivirus

Hi @xtrmtrk, welcome to the community! Please try reinstalling the app and see if you're able to get around the issue. Also, please make sure you are using the same logins for the app. Please keep me posted if the issue will persist.

Dexter

Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @xtrmtrk, were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 3 of 5
xtrmtrk
Initiate

Re: Netgear Armor

Oddly, the next morning I simply restarted the Orbi and when it came back up all was well.  This was after I must have restarted it a dozen times the previous day.  I don't know what changed overnight but I won't complain!  It's fixed for now.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @xtrmtrk, thanks for the update! Glad to know that did the trick. I'll see if the others can try that out.

Dexter

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7