Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor by Bitdefender Subscription

SandSBW
Follower

Netgear Armor by Bitdefender Subscription

Several weeks ago I signed up for the free trial version of Netgear Armor for my RBR50 Orbi router.  Several days ago, I received an email from Netgear Armor offering at 35% discount on a subscription.  I bit the bullet and signed up, received an activation code, but have not yet submitted it (activated the subscription).  I have 67 days left on my free trial.  If I activate the subscription with the activation code, will that add on to the end of my free trial period, or will the activation end the free trial and begin the subscription?  If it ends my free trial, can I wait until the free trial period ends to activate the subscription (which I've alread purchased)?  None of this is explained anywhere.

Message 1 of 7

Armor has its own bolt hole:

NETGEAR Armor - NETGEAR Communities

You might do better to try there.

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SandSBW, activating it will end your trial but the activation code does not expire so you can use it at the end of your trial.

Message 3 of 7
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @DexterJB . Just to make sure I understand this, an activation code is issued by Bitdefender upon purchasing Armor for USD 79/year. Based on your response to @SandSBW , the clock doesn't start ticking on the one-year paid Armor subscription UNTIL IT IS ACTIVATED, not from from the purchase transaction date. So if I buy the Armor Netgear license today May 10th but only activate it on June 30th, my one year subcription will start from June 30th. Is that correct?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Orbi-Roc, yes, you are correct.

Message 5 of 7
garyalbert
Aspirant

@DexterJB - You are mistaken.  The PR says the new subscription starts after the trial period but from experince it starts the day you make the purchase.  I thought the same but I subscribed with 3 weeks left on the trial (figured it would kick in afterwards) but the clock started ticking the day I made the purchase.  

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @garyalbert, welcome to the community. If by any chance you have proactively activated your code, then that will end your trial as I have also mentioned in one of the posts above. This link provides the description.

Dexter

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7