Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor failed to subscribe

Hutch33211
Follower

Netgear Armor failed to subscribe

Netgear armor failed to subscribe
I have been trying to activate the Netgear armor trial on my Orbi but keep getting the error failed to subscribe. I can’t seem to find who to contact on this. It is a used router that I factory reset so not sure if that has something to do with it. Any ideas?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 38
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Hutch33211, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 38
dsandles0204
Tutor

rbr40 is the router, but don' t see that as an option. The trial period ended and I want to purchase and install the Netgear Armor immediately. I don't know how to get past the error.

Message 3 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dsandles0204, 

Happy to hear that you'd like to subscribe! I'd like to help ensure you're subscription is up and running. May you tell me if you're trying to subscribe via Orbi app or web? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 38
dsandles0204
Tutor

I am trying to do this via the Orbi app.
Message 5 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dsandles0204, 

Thanks for confirming. I've sent you a message. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 38
Spoongooner
Guide

i thought the idea of a forum was to share the info??

i and many others have same issues... why the private messages?   why not post the solution

Message 7 of 38
dsandles0204
Tutor

I haven't received a solution. I believe they should post a solution, but there are a few questions which are private (account information) that they ask upfront. But I see your point though that this shouldn't be so difficult. I'd even suggest they should just provide the protection at a reduced cost for all of the issues after the trial period expired.

Message 8 of 38
uksniggity
Initiate

I also receive a "Failed to Subscribe" message when attempting to start my 7 day trial.  Help!

Message 9 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi uksniggity, 

May you try enabling/disabling remote management through the app. I've included a KB article on how to. Please let me know the outcome. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061809/I-get-an-error-when-I-try-to-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-what-do-I-do

Christian 

Message 10 of 38
uksniggity
Initiate

Hello,

I tried switching remote management on and off and am still getting the same error message, "Failed to Subscribe".  It appears the fix described in the support article you referenced was for a different error message, "Device Offline" which is not the message I am receiving.

Scott

Message 11 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for getting back. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 12 of 38
scoggnito
Aspirant

I purchased my router second-hand and I'm having trouble activating Armor as well. I would also like to register my product, but as I understand, unregistering is no longer available under My Products. The previous owner has agreed to deavtivate from his account. 

Could a moderator please point me in the right direction with these issues? Thanks in advance!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 13 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@scoggnito - You will need to contact our Customer Care at customer.service@netgear.com regarding product registration inquiries. 

Christian 

Message 14 of 38
DBD70
Aspirant

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.
  2. Visit armor.netgear.com.
  3. If prompted, enter your NETGEAR account credentials and click Sign in.
  4. Click Allow.

Note: By clicking Allow, you are allowing Bitdefender to collect your profile information and email address.

The NETGEAR Armor portal displays.

1. Click the menu icon.
  2. Select My Subscriptions.
  3. Click Activation Code.
  4. Enter your activation code.
  5. Click ACTIVATION CODE.

Message 15 of 38
Royinla14
Aspirant

I purchased RBR750 from Costco. I keep getting Failed to Subscribe message. FW is 3.2.15.25

Please help! 

Message 16 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Royinla14, 

Are you attempting to activate Armor using the Nighthawk app? 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059442/How-do-I-activate-NETGEAR-Armor-using-the-Nighthawk-app

Christian 

Message 17 of 38
pir4tedirk
Tutor

I activated my subscription via email offer directly on the armor.netgear.com site, says router and other subs are active and ready to use, still get same error installing on router.
This must be a problem with the App verifying activations surely?!
Has anyone that has paid for Armor after trial actually had a successful install on their router?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 18 of 38
ceeno0te
Aspirant

I've been trying to subscribe to Netgear Armor as well, and keep getting the failed message each time. Any alternative to subscribe other than through the mobile app? Help! Thanks in advance.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 19 of 38
pir4tedirk
Tutor

There is no solution apparently.

I ended up buying the Armor subscription direct from the website, only thing is there is no software running locally via the router.
Message 20 of 38
Jorgebrte
Aspirant

Hi, I activated the ARMOR free trial, after a month or two after it expired I bought the one year subscription, but when I try to activate it trough the Orbi App (iOS), it shows the following message:

ERROR

FAILED TO SUBSCRIBE 

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advanced for your time

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 21 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jorgebrte,

May you reinstall the Orbi app and power cycle your Orbi router. Please let me know if your issue persists.

Christian 

Message 22 of 38
JETWIZ
Aspirant

netgear support is anyone listening many are having issues with Netgear Armor failed to subscribe, yet this forum does not provide a solution. Seems support wants to private email everyone instead of providing a soluction. 

Message 23 of 38
Meran
Aspirant

3 days without a solition, Support doesnt help and repeat the same script. 

If anyone get it to work please post the solution.

Message 24 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same issue with you, i will wait for a fix from them. If i do not receive any solution in a week (i paid for the bitdefender subscription already) i will report them to my country's authority.

Message 25 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7