nnath
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Armor failed to subscribe

Same problem. How do I contact you
Message 26 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I posted a very analytical guide on how to debug this problem and they deleted my answer.

Message 27 of 38
nnath
Aspirant

Thanks. Grateful for any assistance.
Message 28 of 38
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You need to find the debug menu on your router in my case it was http://<router_ip>/debug.htm

Then follow the steps:

1. Enable LAN\WAN Packet Capture and press Start Capture
  2. Try to activate Armor
  3. From the debug.htm press Save Debug Log
  4. Unzip the file
  5. Try to find the ArmorDebug.000.json or similar to this
  6. Open it with a text editor and you should see an error.
  7. The error describes the problem.
Message 29 of 38
OilCan
Guide

Hello, I'm having the same "Failed to subscribe" problem, even though I now have an paid Armor subscription. I ran the debugger, and it says subscription = false. 

Message 30 of 38
Djmc137
Aspirant

Hello, 

I recently purchased a used router and have installed all my apps + purchased the Netgear Armor subscription. I'm having issues apply my subscription onto my router.. every time I go to activate it I receive a "failure to subscribe" msg. Can some please help!?!?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 31 of 38
Meran
Aspirant

Opening the ticket did not hep me. 
I paid from paypal so I opened a dispute  with paypal. Paypal escalated it and within 24 hours of dispute it got resolved for me. 

This product is of not much use anyway so I am thinking to move to Avast free antivirus on the PC instead. 

Message 32 of 38
Djcorn
Aspirant

Hi please help I'm unable to install the armor trial as it says failed to subscribe
Message 33 of 38
Adshijw
Initiate

Raxe500 (can't find it in drop-down above. Same armor subscription issue. Free trial worked fine. Paid subscription won't activate...says failed to subscribe. 8 days back an forth with support have done nothing.
Message 34 of 38
UnixSu
Aspirant

Plase Could Someone Help. I Purchased RAX200, I Even PurchaEd 1 year Amour From The Netgear Armour Site. Everytime Failed To Subscribe!!! Not Sure Why My Text Here Is Case Sensitive, I am Using Android Z Fold 2, strange. Please Help Me Activate, Otherwise I Would Like £59 refund

Message 35 of 38
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi UnixSu,

May you send me a private message and provide me with your email address and router serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 36 of 38
resch88
Aspirant

Does netgear even have a solution for this??? Spent two days after buying this from Costco and still get the failed to subscribe and have gotten zero help just a bunch of the same BS of restart your router re install app. Did it all. Are they going to provide answers?! So far the WORST customer service for a pricey product. Not satisfied at all. I opened a ticket and they closed it and said I had multiple open as well. I’m about to just return this.
Message 37 of 38
Ayantu
Aspirant

I have the same problem 'failed to subscribe." Netgear support have no idea on how to fix this problem. I am definitely considering Linksys or other routers going forward. I have multiple cases open for this problem. They closed some of the cases without resolving them.

Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7