Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor notifying that it blocked phishing attack from a file on Amazon Fire TV

HarryGh
Guide

Netgear Armor notifying that it blocked phishing attack from a file on Amazon Fire TV

I have been using Netgear Armor for about 5 months. Since last week, it started alerting me on stopping a phishing attack because of a file on Amazon FireTV (C3.SDKCLICKURL.COM).  All apps on FireTV are from Amazon and no developer options are on. I have owned the Amazon Fire TV for a couple of years without a problem.

In abundance of precaution, I factory reset the device. The alerts are continuing (about 20.day)

I searched for the URL (C3.SDKCLICKURL.COM). It is related to Easyswool.

Questions:

1. Does a streaming service service (showtime etc) use Easyswool ?

2. Who do I tell to whitelist this service/URL? I don't want to allow it my level without complete knowledge.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor notifying that it blocked phishing attack from a file on Amazon Fire TV

Hello HarryGH, 

Please refer to the article below on how to unblock URLs in Armor.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061715/How-do-I-unblock-URLS-in-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
HarryGh
Guide

Thanks Christian.

I understand how to unblock a URL.  However it is not clear to me whether I should, as I do not know what is malicious about it. If it is indeed malicious, it could defeat the purpose of the alert by me unblocking it, then it defeats the purpose of me even buying the subscription.

it should only be unblocked in the Negear Armor suspicious URL definitions.

Is there a library against which I can validate if I should unblock EasySwool ?

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi HarryGH,

This maybe something not to worry about. However, we should still be cautious. May you provide me with a sample message of the alert so we can better advise you on the situation.

Thanks!

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
HarryGh
Guide

Please see the attached screenshot.
Itis flagging this url as a phishing attempt on Amazon Fire TV
When I google it, it looks like it has link to EasySwoole
C3.sdkclickurl.com
Is this malicious
Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi HarryGh,

May you confirm if you have a Kodi or if you only have Amazon services. If it's only Amazon services I would check in with Amazon on the URL and have it whitelisted on the app once you can confirm with Amazon. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 7
HarryGh
Guide

I only have Amazon software.
I am curious why would Amazon know why Netgear Armor is blocking this service.
You own all the rules, so Netgear or Defender should be ones ensuring that your definitions are updated.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7