Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor on R800

Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Netgear Armor on R800

Hi

Last year in November purchased the Netgear Armor with bitdefender subscription for 12 months. There was an auto renewal in place and it successfully renewed in November this year for a further 12 months.

I cannot remember if i renewed/activated my subscritpion this year. Last night did the firmware upgrade to V1.0.4.66_10.1.75 and then when i logged in to my Web GUI - i noticed the Netgear Armor status showing as "Not activated"

Looks like i may have accidentally deleted the activation code sent by email earlier - is there a way i can get another code sent to activate?

Thanks

Kevin

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

With this factory reset and having to redo all the circle entries - the radios appear to be stable.

Is there any method of reading the old config file .cfg?---I wouldn't.  the change to armor was a significant change for routers. Many ran better after factory reset and clean install because of how much it changed. I'd stick with just doing a manual setup this time and then make a new backup in case it happens again. 

I dont want to load it on the router in case something in the earlier settings may have caused the issues.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

there's a support link on this page to click on and check status/get support

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/netgear-armor.aspx

Message 2 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

@plemans - thanks for that - have raised a ticket and shall wait.

I did see the site initially and ignored the option below for without a serial number and completed all the details of my router - to be advised the complimentary support had ended 4 years ago 🙂 

Got to learn to remove my blinkers!

Cheers 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Hope it works. The router support might have ended but your support through bitdefender for its services should still be able to be used. 

potentially also @Christian_R could help as well. 

Message 4 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Thanks Will keep this thread posted - in case I run out of luck.

I have received a response - first level i suppose - the usual links to KB articles.

In the meantime for some strage reason the router decided to factory reset itself - luckily had a backup copy of the Config - so was up and running in 5 minutes.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Armor uses Bitdefender. you can also try going through them. 

Support Consumer - Bitdefender Consumer Support Center

Message 6 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Thanks Plemans - this morning the router decided to do another factory reset again - so used the oppurtunity to go through and configure the router (using the nighthawk app rather than the desktop) and the most painful part - configuring the whole of circle (1st gen). This activated Armor and seems to indicate my suspicion all this while - Circle somehow is not very reliably operating on this router.

Just for the record - in case someone else has this issue in the future - i first seemed to have a very unsteady 5_1 GHz radio which i disabled and everything else seemed to work for a while then the same thing occured on the 5_2 GHz radio whihc i disabled again and everything opertaed for a while. Then very erratically the router needed a reset almost everyday - then with some time available over the holidays - i started checking and found the new firmware and did the update and from there on all in this thread earlier!

With this factory reset and having to redo all the circle entries - the radios appear to be stable.

Is there any method of reading the old config file .cfg?

I dont want to load it on the router in case something in the earlier settings may have caused the issues.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

Is there any method of reading the old config file .cfg?---I wouldn't.  the change to armor was a significant change for routers. Many ran better after factory reset and clean install because of how much it changed. I'd stick with just doing a manual setup this time and then make a new backup in case it happens again. 

Message 8 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements