Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor -- paid twice and fails to activate

DrGadget729
Initiate

Netgear Armor -- paid twice and fails to activate

I have a Nighthawk R7000, and have a current Bitdefender Total Security subscription ostensibly on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. The router is running on 1.0.11.128 firmware (latest). I used the Nighthawk Android app (latest version) on a Pixel 3 XL running Android 11 to try to buy and activate Netgear Armor. In fact, it just keeps telling me Armor Security has expired even though I ended up buying a subscription TWICE through 2Checkout. I complained to PayPal and one of the purchases was refunded today.

The Nighthawk app still shows my Armor has expired ... odd and annoying since I never have had it!  Moreover, the Internet Speed Test run from the app does not work, despite reboots and a firmware upgrade to the latest.

Not at all happy.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DrGadget729
Initiate

Re: Netgear Armor -- paid twice and fails to activate [SOLVED]

[SOLVED]

Thank you for the replies. The issue is sorted. I finally realised that the ROUTER was registered in my gaming email address. Once Netgear transferred all my registered devices to my daily email address Netgear Armor finally installed to the router.

The issue also involved Bitdefender as I already had Bitdefender Total Security and had bought my Armor subscription at a nicely discounted price.  So there was a disconnect between the two companies. I told them this when I completed their respective customer service surveys.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Armor -- paid twice and fails to activate

If you have the R7000, the latest firmware is 1.0.11.128

Maybe you transposed a couple numbers or missed them and are on the current version?

I'd recommend clicking on "mynetgear" at the top. 

login/register an account and your device. 

From there click on "my support"-->then contact support---> "get help with subscription services"
follow that to get help with activation. Sadly, this is the community support forum and we can't activate/check armor status. It has to come from netgear/bitdefender. 

Message 2 of 4
DrGadget729
Initiate

[SOLVED]

Thank you for the replies. The issue is sorted. I finally realised that the ROUTER was registered in my gaming email address. Once Netgear transferred all my registered devices to my daily email address Netgear Armor finally installed to the router.

The issue also involved Bitdefender as I already had Bitdefender Total Security and had bought my Armor subscription at a nicely discounted price.  So there was a disconnect between the two companies. I told them this when I completed their respective customer service surveys.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it resolved!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation