Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor

mtibosch6
Follower

Netgear Armor

Since I activated Netgear Armor in my R7000 router I have connection problems with several network participants. This seems to be completely random. 

When devices (PC, laptop, phone, i-pad) are sponteneously blocked I have to restart the device, or to restart the router to have the device connected again to the network.

Is this problem known or new? Is there a solution for it? 

I have also Circle activated. 

Finally I disabled Armor via a browser router login and since than I don’t experience connection problems anymore.

My conclusion: Netgear Armor is a “beeep” function.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Best regards, M

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
labatt
Mentor

Re: Netgear Armor

@mtibosch6 wrote:

My conclusion: Netgear Armor is a “beeep” function.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Best regards, M

It is one more way for Netgear to get your money. Bad enough Netgear puts out crappy firmware, and then they want to charge you. 

I have a subscription for bitdefender from bitdefender and run it locally on my PC's and MAC locally. They typically have money off offers going with a trial period for newbees. For me bitdefender just works and has for several years now.  

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mtibosch6, if you've recently updated the firmware, please make sure that you've done a factory reset to clear some possible incompatibilities. Does the issue persist on all your devices (wired and wireless)? Also, you can disable the Armor feature via the Nighthawk app.

Dexter

Message 3 of 7
NeverAgainNetGe
Initiate

Me too! Seriously NetGear I will NEVER AGAIN purchase your products.

I stupidly activated Armour to see what it was and now can not deactivate it. Click on the toggle in the web interface, click apply, and it spins away...and spins...and spins...then proudly displays "Activated" again

so I download the NightHawk app...it takes 5 goes and more than 10 minutes to find my router and right now is on its tenth attempt to log in but "timed out"...surprise, surprise.

so I reboot the router. And when it has rebooted and I finally get in I tap Security and ...ta da..."Nighthawk Device does not exist in UPBackend DB or invalid." (seriously why did I ever think that NetGear could get something right?)

Reboot, router, reboot phone and try again...and again...and Im in! But where the hell is the Armour toggle I read about????? Nowhere...doesnt exist

I am a SysAdmin for a medium size NGO...I deal with Ubiquiti and Draytek products on a daily basis and NEVER encounter the problems that I do with Netgear software - seriously I have never regretted a hardware decision more than this router but it is the software that lets it down.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 7
microchip8
Master

You should try a factory reset & reconfigure from scratch

Message 5 of 7
labatt
Mentor

Ubiquiti and Draytek products str more toward the commercial grade equipment. I would expect them to perform better. That was the reason I moved away from Netgear, never working right, to commercial. Have never looked back. 

Message 6 of 7
NeverAgainNetGe
Initiate

Lmao - time for a lighter, or sledgehammer and a trip to buy some hardware from a reputable brand that know what they are doing!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7