Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor

greddyuk
Aspirant

Netgear Armor

I currently own a RAX120, i have two questions i dont know have to setup:-

Question 1: How to a create a separate wifi line?

I currently have my main wifi connected to all my security at home. I want to create a separate SSID line for all NON security appliance. How do i create a separate SSID? is this possible?

I am currently using my "guest" line and i dont think its the correct method.

Question 2:- Im planning to purchase internet security. Does the RAX120 support Netgear Armor? How do you rate the safety of Netgear Armor? is it any good?

Thanks

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
AbhayB
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Armor

@greddyuk wrote:

I currently own a RAX120, i have two questions i dont know have to setup:-

Question 1: How to a create a separate wifi line?

I currently have my main wifi connected to all my security at home. I want to create a separate SSID line for all NON security appliance. How do i create a separate SSID? is this possible?

I am currently using my "guest" line and i dont think its the correct method.

Question 2:- Im planning to purchase internet security. Does the RAX120 support Netgear Armor? How do you rate the safety of Netgear Armor? is it any good?

Thanks

Hi @greddyuk ,

Answer 1: Currently Guest network is the only way to use a seperate SSID for non security appliances. Only limitation is that these devices won't be able to access other devices on the local network if you need. For example, sometimes a lot of apps need your phone and such IOT devices to be on same WiFi network.

Answer 2: RAX120 currently does not support NETGEAR Armor. NETGEAR Armor is powered by Bitdefender's award-winning smart home platform and is ideal for provinding overall cybersecurity for your entire network. 

Message 2 of 3
greddyuk
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Armor

Thank you for your answer.
I rather surprised their top of the range router does not support a service which would make them more money.

I have read that it’s possible that this router is capable of having multiple SSID and yet somewhat disappointing to know it’s not possible - especially paying so much for their product. It’s a expensive mistake to have.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7