Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor

Locutus66
Follower

Netgear Armor

Having an issue turning off Netgear Armor.  All instructions received tell me that I must do it from the Orbi App on my smartphone.  Each time I try to disable Armor the app times out and gives me the following notice, "ORBI Process is taking too long (more than 60 secs). Try again!!"  I have tried again and tried again to no avail.  I've contacted Bitdefender and they give me a link to netgear that tells me to do what I have tried again and again and it doesn't work.  Armor is an absolute nuisense and I'd like to remove it completely but I understand it's already embedded in the router software and can't be removed.  Can anyone help me?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Netgear Armor

If the "app" is unable to remove Armor, I know of only one "sure fire" way to banish it: Perform a "Factory Reset":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Then set the Orbi up from scratch and be very careful to turn down Armor every time Orbi wants you to activate it.  I have a test Orbi that is not connected to the Internet, and every time I power it up and access it, the web interface tries to push Armor and Circle on me.  My guess is when (if?) I finally connect it to the internet, my "no means no" will get registered somewhere in Netgear Orbi Land and it will quit asking (until the next time I do a Factory Reset).

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and after completing the setup wizard, don't enable the Armor app. 

Be sure to save of a backup configuration to file after the system is setup for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Good Luck. 

@Locutus66 wrote:

Having an issue turning off Netgear Armor.  All instructions received tell me that I must do it from the Orbi App on my smartphone.  Each time I try to disable Armor the app times out and gives me the following notice, "ORBI Process is taking too long (more than 60 secs). Try again!!"  I have tried again and tried again to no avail.  I've contacted Bitdefender and they give me a link to netgear that tells me to do what I have tried again and again and it doesn't work.  Armor is an absolute nuisense and I'd like to remove it completely but I understand it's already embedded in the router software and can't be removed.  Can anyone help me?

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Locutus66 - Welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7