Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armory and Bitdefender Total Security

Qef699
Follower

Netgear Armory and Bitdefender Total Security

I’m already using Bitdefender Total Security on all devices, is there further benefits using Netgear Armor?
Do I need to pay also for the Netgear Armor?
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

That's a personal preference. I personally do not use any security other than what's built into Windows 10 for personal use.

Business applications are a different animal.

I find that hardware based and 3rd party software based security tends to give too many false positives. Like email spam filters, some are too aggressive and block the wrong and sometimes important stuff.

Bitdefender, for me, would not allow me to do my online banking, as it kept blocking certain parts of the bank's website.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Qef699 wrote:
I’m already using Bitdefender Total Security on all devices, is there further benefits using Netgear Armor?
Do I need to pay also for the Netgear Armor?

There is a "trial period" when Armor is free. When the trial expires, customers can either delete Armor or pay an annual fee.

Honestly, most of the posts I see in this forum are from users trying to delete Armor or having problems with it.  None of the people who participate regularly seem to use Armor. (I never even did the "trial".)  There is a separate forum specifically for Armor where (I imagine) users have personal experience with Armor and can describe whatever benefits there are.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

(I am also like @Mstrbig in that I use the Antivirus/Firewall provided by Microsoft and every so often scan my computer with Malwarebytes, even though nothing ever shows up.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7