Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Mesh MR70 Blocking Websites

Phi-Bui
Aspirant

Netgear Mesh MR70 Blocking Websites

I just got the mesh MR70 and Armor installed.  Everything works great with the exception that it's blocking certain "legit" websites, such as Tesla.com.  I disabled Armor and it still doesn't work.  Can someone help please?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Mesh MR70 Blocking Websites

After disabling Armor in the NH app, did you power OFF the MR and ISP modem for 1 minute then back ON? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 8
Razor512
Prodigy

Are you getting any specific errors when a website fails to load? Usually if Armor blocks a page, it intercepts the page load with a message informing you of what it did.

If some of the initial troubleshooting doesn't restore access to those specific sites, also check the following:

On the router page (router IP address, often 192.168.1.1), if you go to Advanced > Administration NTP Settings, is the date and time as well as time zone correct? If not correct those settings and try the site again, if the issue still happens there is a check you can try on a site that is not loading properly.
If the site loads enough to at least get the security certificate, then view the SHA-1 fingerprint of the certificate you are seeing.
You can find official fingerprints using this site. https://www.grc.com/fingerprints.htm
All major browsers should allow you to view the security certificate of a web page that it is attempting to load, often via an option in a lock icon that appears in the address bar.

For example, the official one for Tesla.com is 1B:5B:64:76:8B:F1:E5:4E:69:C4:60:36:F3:D5:27:9E:96:5B:43:24

If a page is not loading, and you are also seeing the wrong fingerprint, then it could be a security application (firewall, antivirus, etc) that is having issues with the network change.

Message 3 of 8
Phi-Bui
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.

Yes, after I disabled Armor.  I did power the router down and up again.  It's still not working.  I'm using the latest firmware.  I even went to the support site and download the latest to make sure.  The firmware version I have is V1.0.3.32_2.0.57.  As far as the cable, I used the one that comes with MR70.

I even went further and reset everything, re-installing MR70 and it still didn't do it.  Prior to MR70, I had R6700 which has no problem accessing any websites.  I'm running out of things to try.  Worst case scenario, I'll return the product.  

Message 4 of 8
Phi-Bui
Aspirant

I just found out that it also blocks www.southwest.com.  I'm ready to return this product!!!

Message 5 of 8
Razor512
Prodigy

Were you able to check the time zone as well as finding any info about how the error looks? That may help to get a better understanding of what exactly is happening.
Message 6 of 8
Phi-Bui
Aspirant

Yes, the time zone is correct. The fingerprint is also correct.
Message 7 of 8
Phi-Bui
Aspirant

I gave up on this setup.  I went to COSTCO and got the RB750.  Everything went great last night.  I was able to access all the websites.  This morning, I ran into the same issues with NO CHANGE to the router.

I'm ready to give up on NETGEAR.  I tried two different products and getting the same error.  I was on the phone with NETGEAR tech support for 3 days and nothing got resolved.  I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue.  Time to switch.  I'll return both products MESH MR70 and ORBI 750.  I'm done!!!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7