Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear XR500 Armor?

madhatter01
Tutor

Netgear XR500 Armor?

So I am thinking of giving Netgear a chance again. No offense to Netgear fans, I love the Netgear hardware, but have hated the software. Sorry the GUI looks like the same GUI from 2005. It works I know, but its boring and ugly to me. To each their own.

So I decided to order the Nighthawk XR500 since its using DumaOS. DumaOS looks great. Its modern and has lots of features. Here is the one thing I cant find. Does it or will it support Netgear Armor (Bitdefender)? I am hoping Armor is link Asus AIprotect and is built in to the router. I love having that extra layer of protection. I see the R7000p supports it. Is Armor going to be for Netgears Gui\OS only? I saw it says Nighthawk models. Thanks everyone for your help.

Sorry one easy question also. Can you assign one Lan to be an extra Wan (Dual Wan)?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Madhatter, great to hear you've ordered the XR500. We're sure you'll love it!

It doesn't currently support Netgear Armor, I am unsure if this is on the roadmap or not so I can't give you a definitive answer. I will log it as a request though so we can discuss the possibility.
Message 2 of 5
madhatter01
Tutor

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
sivasgear
Aspirant

Me as well looking for Armor update for R8500. I am ready to switch from Norton to Armor, but, need to know if it is supported on R8500 to begin with. Also, if I buy Bitdefender Family Pack now for $$, and later on Netgear releases Armor, will it be free for me as I already for Bitdefender Family Pack? I read that Armor includes Bitdefender Family Pack in its subscription by default. Thanks.  

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Sivas, this forum is for the XR500. You may get better answers in the Nighthawk forum.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7