Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear and Bitdefender renewing my subscription separately

SlappyMcG
Initiate

Netgear and Bitdefender renewing my subscription separately

Hey community - My Netgear Armor was coming up for renewal.  I clicked on the renewal option, which was advertising a special rate, via the Orbi app.  Figured it was done.  After logging in MyNetgear account online, everything looked good to go with an updated expiration date for another year.  About that time, I was got an auto-renewal email, but again, since everything else was showing a renewed subscription, I ignored it.  Now Bitdefender auto-renewed me separately, apparently not seeing or recognizing my active product through Armor.  Logging into both, they're showing my vastly different subsciption info.  You would think since Armor and Bitdefender are advertised as a bundle, Netgear and Bitdefender would be able to coordinate with each other, but I got billed for two active subscriptions for the same product by each company.  Anyone else deal with this before, and now how to resolve?  I emailed Bitdefender, but it seems getting a hold of Netgear isn't as easy.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

there are 2 seperate products. Bitdefender is what "powers" armor. But if you have a seperate bitdefender subscription, they are different. 

to contact netgear, click on "mynetgear' at the top. register (or login) and click on "my support" ---contact support" -----mysubscription services.  

Message 2 of 3
SlappyMcG
Initiate

I didn't have a separate Bitdefender subscription.  Last year I had a single "Netgear Armor" subscription, in which both Netgear and Bitdefender tried to bill me for renewal.  Luckily Bitdefender was responsive and cancelled the renewal on their end.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7