Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear too slow in charging card

gilx
Aspirant

Netgear too slow in charging card

I find it amusing/disconcerting that Netgear promotes itself as a security company by providing Armor/Bitdefender for my network, yet seem oblivious to those of us who have in place security on our charge cards. My charge card is controlled through software provided by my bank that allows me to turn it off so no charges can be made, and create a specific profile under which it can be charged when it is on. My card was on and able to be charged when I resubscribed to Armor. However, Netgear didn’t initiate that charge until hours after. I do not leave my card on indefinitely waiting for a charge, kinda defeats the whole purpose.  Thus the charge was denied. I called and spoke with a tech who had apparently never heard of such a thing. 

Message 1 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear too slow in charging card

Hello glix,

Thank you for your post!

Are you still unable to use your desired payment method for your NETGEAR Armor subscription?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
gilx
Aspirant

Apparently not.  No charge for the past 24hrs (I get texts for every card access).  I have since turned the card off.   I would like to resubscribe, but I'm not going to leave my card open until Netgear gets around to charging it hours/days later. 

Message 3 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @gilx ,

Thank you for your reply!

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our customer support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
gilx
Aspirant

Thanks for contacting the support folks on my behalf.  However, I was finally able to have my card successfully charged.  I noticed with the previous three failed attempts they were all around the same time in the evening: 10pm MST.  Last night I turned my card on at 9pm and lo and behold at 9:59pm I received a text from my card controlling app that Netgear charged my card and it was successful.  This morning I got an email from support that said all is good.  Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7