Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Never sent activation code

clbammel
Follower

Never sent activation code

I cannot believe the issue I am having.  And, it seems others have it as well.  I used the trial period for my Armor protection.  I then purchased a subscription, which I was promptly billed for.  I received a "Welcome" email and a receipt.  But nowhere on any of these did I receive an Activation Code.  

The software is telling me my subscription is expired and to enter the activation code or buy a new one.  Yet, I can log in to Netgear and see that the subscription is paid until next year.  I can also see it on my phone app.

I am now on my 5th call with Netgear support.  I have purchased software for many-many years and have NEVER had an instance where the activation code was not sent in the email or you could not retrieve it online.  And, so far support has been useless.  How can a company stay in business without being able to support their customers?  I don't understand it.  Anyone else, I could log in to my account and retrieve my code or at least call them, prove my identity, and they would give it to me or email it to the registered address.

Come on, guys!  Get with the program!  (No pun intended.)

Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @clbammel, sent you a private message. Please your inbox.

Thanks,

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 4
Trees234
Initiate

I also was charged for armor and it has been over a month and I still cannot get armor to work. I called the help line and was told that there was a system wide problem.  That's all. Nothing to help me.   So I finally disputed the charge on PayPal.    Grrrr.

Message 3 of 4
fury88
Star

Same issue here. Armor renewed but did not activate. I'm about to contact the Better Business Bureau on this. I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting. I'm absolutely fed up with how bad the customer service is at Netgear. They just don't care about the customer. To be honest its better to just purchase the subscription through Bitdefender directly. At least there customer service is responsive and honestly incredible. In fact, if I was Bitdefender I'd end my partnership with Netgear. 90 day support? Unbelieveable for a $1k Wifi product. A years worth of support is $229. HAHA

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7