Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Not able to remove Armor from old router or sign up on my new router.

cdysthe
Virtuoso

Not able to remove Armor from old router or sign up on my new router.

Hi,

For backgound see this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/Ny-new-Orbi-RBR750-already-registered-but-... . I marked it as solved since I thought Netgear support would resolve it. That is NOT the case.

I currently own a Orbi RBR750 with one satellite registered on my mynetgear account. My old router Orbi RBR50 with a satellite I no longer own but it's still registered on my mynetgear account. The old router is also registered on my armor.netgear.com accounrt and I can not find a way to remove it. I have a month left on my Armor account but Netgear Support claims that I do not have a plan. I can SEE my router and how many days is left in my account. I then thought I could let it go and put Armor on my new router. That isn't possible either. I just get an error message when I try to set up Armor through the Orbi Android app. And Netgear Support doesn't seem able to do anything. I can not removed ,my old router and not add my new. I am now afraid they will renew my Armor account since I paid with a credit card. I can't find the payment method anywhere in my Armor account either. The receipt I got when I renewed last time says:

"Your NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender subscription associated with xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com has been extended with 12 MONTHS, for 69.99 USD and it will expire on February 05, 2022"

Iam totally at a loss here! I can not add my new router to Armor nor remove my old one and in February I may be charged again for a subsription for my old router I no longer have. What can I do next? I have tried with Netgear Support numerous times but they just tell me they are working on it or that they can not see that I have an Armor subscription.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Not much we can do on here since we're the public support forum where members of the public help out. 

Maybe a mod can help out. 

@DarrenM  @ChristineT 

Message 2 of 3
ChristineT
Admin

Good day @cdysthe and @plemans ,

@cdysthe , I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues transfering your NETGEAR Armor subscription to your new router. Please send me a private message with your case number and I'll happily investigate this further. If you do not have a case number, I can create one on your behalf. Be sure to include your email address assocated with My.NETGEAR along with the serial numbers of your old router and your new router.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Christine

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7