Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR50 Fails to Accept Armor Subscription

ZoneMaster
Apprentice

ORBI RBR50 Fails to Accept Armor Subscription

I purchased & activated a subscription to NETGEAR Armor on the last day of my free trial (June 20th):

1. The subscription pane of the Armor website showed that my macOS, Windows, & Android AV apps accepted the new subscription.
  2. The ORBI router still showed as active on the trial.

When the trial expired, the router failed to recognize the new subscription (see attached). The Armor icon in the ORBI iOS app status was Expired.

I tried the following actions, with no success:

1. Rebooting several times (via software & power-off).
  2. Accessing the ORBI via the iOS app, using both local & Remote Management options
  3. Uninstalling/reinstalling the iOS app.
  4. Factory reset of the RBR50.

After the factory reset, the Armor icon in the iOS app shows Not Activated.

Clicking on the icon attempts to activate another trial, which fails with a Failed to Subscribe error.

How do I get the ORBI router to acknowledge & accept the subscription? Is there any way to force the router to sync?

~Stan

ORBI Router Firmware version: 2.3.1.60

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Email bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com or go to the main Bitdefender support site http://www.bitdefender.com/support.

Clearly explain your situation. For example:

I purchased & activated a subscription to NETGEAR Armor:
1. The subscription pane of the Armor website showed that my macOS, Windows, &; Android AV apps accepted the new subscription.
When the trial expired, the router failed to recognize the new subscription (see attached). The Armor icon in the ORBI iOS app status was Expired.

YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR LICENSE KEY! That is how Bitdefender will identify your account. Your account will be fixed in a few days.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 20

All Replies
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Per a suggestion from another thread, I contacted Bitdefender support on Friday. The issue was resolved this morning.

P.S. Bitdefender doesn't have an Armor category. I listed it as Total Security 2019.

Message 2 of 20
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ZoneMaster, thanks for providing an update. For reference, the Bitdefender support channel is linked below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 3 of 20
ekudog
Aspirant

This is not a solution.  Why does my router (and app) say my sub expired when I go to even their website and it says things are fine?  It looks liket he network level protection is not enabled due to this.

Message 4 of 20
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

You will have no protection until you contact Bitdefender support. Armor is a new configuration & there are teething pains transitioning from the trial to the paid subscription. 

The solution requires you to request support: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/

Message 5 of 20
Guytech
Apprentice

Very Frustrating!!! Still no help from Bitdefender support although I have paid the subscription... Factory reset did not work...

Message 6 of 20
cobex10
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue. I can't get Netgear or Bitdefender to help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would like to get this fixed!

I contacted support from Bitdefender throught the Bitdefender Central portal, and they just told me they were going to send it to level 2 support and email me later. I know I might be impatient posting for help on here, but it seems crazy to me that it's this much trouble to activate it.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 20
Guytech
Apprentice

I got the same answer.
My RBR50 support with Netgear expired. I now have to pay $90 to get support and probably just to get told that it is a Bitdefender problem. It took Netgear 3years to get the Orbi RBR/RBS50 working and now this??? I am sorry, just have to say I am very disappointed. It has so much potential to be a great product but the backup is terrible...
Message 8 of 20
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Go to the main Bitdefender support site http://www.bitdefender.com/support or email bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com.

1. The subscription pane of the Armor website showed that my macOS, Windows, &; Android AV apps accepted the new subscription.

YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR LICENSE KEY! That is how Bitdefender will identify your account. Your account will be fixed in a few days.

Message 9 of 20
Guytech
Apprentice

Thanks for the advice.
The website did not work!! Page keeps hanging up at the Kapta part. Eventually I used their chat service.
Message 10 of 20
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

You do not need NETGEAR $$$ support. You MUST follow the these steps though...

Go to the main Bitdefender support site http://www.bitdefender.com/support or email bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com.

Message 11 of 20
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Email bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com or go to the main Bitdefender support site http://www.bitdefender.com/support.

Message 12 of 20
Makahan
Tutor

Suppose I am lucky that my uppgrade to protect my router did work. But the rest is a mess.

contacted bitdefender some 10 days ago, included activation code and my plead for help.

Didn’t recieved an answer, contacted them once more. New support ticket, but still no answer.

my problem is that the subscription (activation code) for netgear armor (basic) by some reason didnt activated support for my iOS things.  I am not shure if its possible to adjust, but no answer anywhere....

perhaps is the iOS protection not more than Apple already gives me, exluded 200 Mb vpn per day, but are my items protected for phishing outside my home network. Who knows ??

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 13 of 20
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Armor A/V (Bitdefender Total Security) only supports macOS, Windows, & Android. There is an Armor iOS app with some limited functionality. Apple’s iOS doesn’t allow external A/V apps.

Message 14 of 20
Makahan
Tutor

What is A/V standing for ??

thank You ZoneMaster for Your answer but why is netgear armor telling me that my subscription for mobile security (iOS) expires soon. (If it doesn’t work)

I did renewed my subscription but thats only worked, as You told me, for Windows, android, router and Mac.

Have I got mobile security (iOS) for trial just for ”fun” ?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 15 of 20
Makahan
Tutor

Got the answer from bitdefender today :

”The Mobile Security for iOS and is free of charge. The expiry date will be updated periodically.”

so it seems everything just should be fine, exept the armor app asking me for an activation code

Message 16 of 20
Guytech
Apprentice

I want to confirm that my Armor issue was resolved today. Thanks very much Dexter!

Message 17 of 20
YvaMa
Tutor

I also did the stupidity of paying before the end of the trial period and asking to activate the license more quickly it completely disrupted the synchronization between my Iphone and Bitdefender Central. It's been 10 days since I tried to get Bitdefender support fixed, not easy and no solution to date. There is a BIG PROBLEM of syncing licenses between the ORBI app on my iPhone and my Bitdefender account. The worst thing is that the latest version of the ORBI application does not correct this problem. This is a very bad customer service.

Message 18 of 20
YvaMa
Tutor

Hello,
Finally it took a little patience because, after 10 days of exchanges with Bitdefender, the synchronization problem was remotely set by the support. Do not hesitate to call on Bitdefender support if this happens to you, a few small worries from the beginning ...

Message 19 of 20
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @YvaMa, thank you for the update and glad to know they were able to sort it out for you! For reference, you can reach Bitdefender on the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7