Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Obri RBK850 - Armor "Exception from Onecloud"

smoddelm
Tutor

Obri RBK850 - Armor "Exception from Onecloud"

This morning when I logged onto the Orbi android app, I immediately noticed in the security block where the status of Armor is indicated that it said in red letters "Protect with Armor Now."  I have an active Armor subscription (I have verified the end date), so I clicked on the Security block and was greeted with "Exception from OneCloud."  I've Googled and searched the forums and get zero hits.  Can anyone explain what might be going on?

Message 1 of 16
Bobbers
Aspirant

I have the same error message when trying to access Parental Controls and Device Manager. Was here to ask the exact same question!

Message 2 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

I would submit a bug report:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Message 3 of 16
ashred13
Aspirant

I rebooted the router multiple times from the Orbi app itself and it did nothing.

I was getting to the point where I was going to try a Factory reset of the Orbi router because a help page indicates that you will have to manually set up the Armor and Parental Controls again. So I thought maybe turning off the security protections might get it to work again. I turn off my wifi at night due to a sneaky child and I can't turn it back on because of this error message.

Message 4 of 16
LongWu
Aspirant

I have the same issue
Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Please hold off on doing any Factory Reset for now. 

@ashred13 wrote:

I rebooted the router multiple times from the Orbi app itself and it did nothing.

I was getting to the point where I was going to try a Factory reset of the Orbi router because a help page indicates that you will have to manually set up the Armor and Parental Controls again. So I thought maybe turning off the security protections might get it to work again. I turn off my wifi at night due to a sneaky child and I can't turn it back on because of this error message.

Message 6 of 16
Chuck-IV
Guide

Getting the same error. The security portion says it's not activated and when trying to go into it, it gives the "Exception from OneCloud"

I'm guessing either a OneCloud issue directly or the new app update(at least for iOS, got one yesterday) screwed up the linking,

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, noticed this as well. 

I've passed this onto NG for review. 

Please be patient. 

Message 8 of 16
smoddelm
Tutor

I tried the modem / router reboot sequence that was suggested and it didn't fix the problem. Seeing that others are having the same issue and have reported it, I will wait for now.
Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Hopefully NG can get this fixed soon. 

Message 10 of 16
Hannah123
Initiate

Mine is same thing
Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 12 of 16
Bobbers
Aspirant

Mine's working again! 😁

Message 13 of 16
Chuck-IV
Guide

Seems to be working now, but now of course, the app goes back to the broken mess that it was with it showing devices offline when they are online and such. When this was broken, I had a nice blue page showing what devices were connected to 2.4, 5g and wired, grouped separately and it showed each connected device that was online. Now it's back to that one conglomerated list that is wrong. Wish I could get back that blue separated view.

Message 14 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Can confirm as well. No more cloud error seen. 

Message 15 of 16
BK1959
Star

Perhaps this bug was caused by the latest update of the Orbi app? It looks as if they went back to the status it had before the update. 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7