Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orb RBK50 Armor Activation Issue - ARM-PYMT-EXP

smilepak
Tutor

Orb RBK50 Armor Activation Issue - ARM-PYMT-EXP

Can't seem to activate via the phone app with Paypal payment. Getting error "ARM-PYMT-EXP" error message. I called the 888 number and the tech sound clueless and I had to explain the issue like 3 times. Any idea how to resolve this issue? 

I checked armor.netgear.com and it shows it was activated recently. So it looks like the payment went through. 

Message 1 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orb RBK50 Armor Activation Issue - ARM-PYMT-EXP

Hi @smilepak

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly send me a private message with the following information: name, email address and device serial number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 10
AriaVision
Tutor

I have Orbi Netgear RBR20 with same Armor Error: ARM-PYMT-EXP, contacted online supprt.

After hour of chat and trying several things the issue still not resolved.

SHAME that such big company as Netgear cannot resolve this issue and support agents are following text book instruction.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AriaVision

Are you still experiencing this?
If so, please send me a private message with your name, email address and device serial number. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 10
AriaVision
Tutor

Thank you very for the replay but no thanks I’m not anymore interested for the help from Netgear as I have replaced Orbi with Google Mesh System.

The technical department of Netgear never reached out for providing any solutions and I’m not the first person which disappointed with this kind of service from Netgear.

As an YouTuber im going to create video about this issue so everyone is aware what kind of service they can expect from Netgear.
Message 5 of 10
mwallace29
Aspirant

This is clearly an issue that many of us are experiencing.  Why is it that NG cannot post the solution online so we can fix without calling in to the worthless customer service / so called technical support?  I called yesterday, explained many times only to be told I have to escalate. Meanwhile, my network is at risk due to lack of support.  I guess a social media campaign will be needed to inform and possibly prevent other from purchasing this sub-standard product.  Shame on Netgear!

Message 6 of 10
mwallace29
Aspirant

Did you ever get a response to this issue?  TIA!

Message 7 of 10
AriaVision
Tutor

No as they have no clue what is the issue
Message 8 of 10
mwallace29
Aspirant

Okay thank you for the quick response.  I will need a refund for my subscription then.  Can you assist with this?  Thank you.

Message 9 of 10
AriaVision
Tutor

How can assist you?
I’m not working for Netgear, I’m just an ussr like you
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation