Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App forces Armor????

Dd852
Luminary

Orbi App forces Armor????

Is there now no way to use the Orbi iOS app without being forced to accept the Armor trial? I don’t want the damn trial but I’d like to manage my Orbi !
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

I use the Orbi app on four different Android devices (two phones, two tablets).  I have never enabled Armor.  That Security box invites me to use Armor, but I simply ignore it.

The app continues to do what it does (which is not very much, in my opinion).

Perhaps more detail about the problem would help?

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry, I just now saw the magic letters "iOS".  My Bad.

Message 3 of 8
Dd852
Luminary

I agree that app isn't much use, but the browser screen doesn't work so well on a phone. The change came with the latest update - beware updating your android version! Now it demands acceptance on gathering analytics and the right install a trial of Armor before you can use it. I'm simply going to delete and seethe. I really find it very anti-consumer. I hope Netgear monitors these forums but I don't hold out much hope!

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru
ZZ2022
Initiate

Options are nice but forcing a trial to gain access to an existing app after an upgrade is just wrong. Also not documenting on the release on the App Store that this was in there is just bad support. Not sure what VP thought this would be a good idea.
Message 6 of 8
_mark
Tutor

This really sucks.  I need to manage my router remotely, and part of the reason I purchased the Orbi was the remote app.  There was no requirement to use Armour when I purchased Orbi.

I'm now looking to buy a mesh router from a different vendor.

Message 7 of 8
Eiger
Aspirant

This definitely seems anti-consumer and anti-competitive. Upon an update of the app you are required to agree to the terms and conditions as per usual with software, but then the second paragraph dictates that "We'll install your free 30-day NETGEAR Armor trial, if available."  I've had my Orbi for 3 years, and now the use of the management s/w is contingent on being forced into a subscription trial. Extremely disappointing. I'm hoping they realize this, and back away from this requirement otherwise it will be difficult to recommend this system or stick with Netgear on the next upgrade cycle. Does anyone know any good class action lawyers or anyone in the DoJ? I may see if I can submit a formal complaint. For now I'll have to manage the network via a web browser.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7