Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Armor RBR 50 unable to clear vulnerability data

KenWWilliams
Follower

Orbi Armor RBR 50 unable to clear vulnerability data

I have been looking for a way to clear the vulnerability data on my router. Shortly after installing the Armor subscription it detected an old Seagate NAS that I had on my local network and proceeded to list 120 vulnerabilities associated with that device. Apparently it paid no attention to whether they were real or notsince as a security professional myself I was aware of much of it and it was mitigated long ago. Shortly after that I finished with that device and removed it from my network. It's been 6 months and the report still lists the device as an issue and still counts it in the scoring portion of the app. I also have the same issue with my pi-star prototyping board having false positives. I also  don't see anyway of overriding url blocks which I know to be false positives. The Armor as far as I can tell is seriously dis functional. I don't choose to depend on a remote vender to maintain a " white-list " of urls without allowing me to override its decisions.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
hjk_plm
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for reaching out. NETGEAR is adding URL whitelisting feature that would allow you to add exceptions to false positives. 

We are also looking into resolving the vulnerable device list and the scoring.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
hjk_plm
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for reaching out. NETGEAR is adding URL whitelisting feature that would allow you to add exceptions to false positives. 

We are also looking into resolving the vulnerable device list and the scoring.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7