Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 : 'Arbor' trial : Resolution please.

ChrisSz
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 : 'Arbor' trial : Resolution please.

Hi there. Please can Netgear remove the Armor security? I never subscribed. Nothing works properly anymore. Sky box, Amazon firestick, work laptops. Most safe websites have error 404 message.

I'd like to talk to someone - on the phone - from Orbi/netgear re refund or receive new, uninfected, routers.

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

You can disable Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

the only full way to remove armor is to go back to a frimware that doesn't have it integrated. But if you disable it, it shouldn't be functional. 

And if it was just the trial, nothing should be charged so there shouldn't be anything to refund.

If you do want to talk to netgear, go to the top and click on mynetgear. register an account and then your device. From there you can contact support. Its free if you're within your 90 days of purchase date. 

Message 2 of 7
ChrisSz
Tutor

thank you for your prompt response.

There is no visible way of disabling armor. after the trial ended, the software remained on the Orbi firmware . As a result,  I am unable to use a multitude of services. I am asking for a refund. For my orbi or equivalent replacement.

thank you

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

This is the community forum. Its members of the public helping out. Asking for a refund here isn't going to get much done. 

Open up your app go to Settings > Security and toggle the Enable Netgear Armor switch and this will disable it.

I've seen a post or 2 where people can't get it disabled. In that case, factory resetting the Orbi resolved the issue. 

Did you try either of these?

Message 4 of 7
ChrisSz
Tutor

Understood - and thank you. There is no toggle switch in the Orbi app [latest version too].

yes - I did a factory reset, and the same 'armour' is still active. 

looking around on numerous chains, it appears the s/w is pushed down once the router connects to network [or it is part of the latest firmware].

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Have you tried logging in through the browser based gui and disabling it from there?

try looking through this thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Deactivating-Amor-trial/td-p/1730802

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ChrisSz, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7