Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Armor - VPN to let whole house avoid geolocation

topher18
Aspirant

Orbi and Armor - VPN to let whole house avoid geolocation

I am considering an Orbi WifI 6 system. I want to have a VPN at the router which will allow my Rokus to access geolocated streaming services.  From what I am reading, if I subscribe to Armor, and then pay extra for Bitdefender VPN premium, that should get me a whole house VPN that can use non-local VPN servers.  Is anyone else doing this and does it actually work?  

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi and Armor - VPN to let whole house avoid geolocation

Hello topher18, 

We suggest that you contact our Pre Sales team to better assist you with your inquiry. Please see our Support page: http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx  Select "Get answers about NETGEAR products before I buy" They will be able to assist you in answering your questions for your network & security needs. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
topher18
Aspirant

Thanks Christian.  I chatted with two different Netgear support folks in India yesterday at different times.  Both told me that the VPN protects all devices on the network but couldn't actually say whether it runs on the router or not.  I also checked with BitDefender support, which told me that the VPN does not run on the router and that it has to be loaded on each device.  So I don't know who to believe.  I was hoping that there would be some other Armor users here that would know if and how the router-level VPN protection worked.

Message 3 of 5
Les1234
Aspirant

I recently purchased this product. It has to be installed on each device. You can utilize your email to deliver the install package to each device.
Message 4 of 5
topher18
Aspirant

Thanks for the confirmation.  I really want to have my smart TV devices use the VPN.  I cannot find any Wi-Fi 6 mesh systems on the market supporting router-level VPN.  Frustrating.  I may have to use a wired router and run the Wi-Fi as just an AP.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7