Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Netgear Armor - cannot activate

epsom11
Tutor

Orbi and Netgear Armor - cannot activate

Hello

I have an Orbi setup (1 router + 2 satellites).

I purchased the Netgear Armor subscription from Bitdefender. I got the approval and the activation code.

If I login to armor.netgear.com, I can see my subscription active.

Now - if I go into the Orbi App on the phone - and I click Security - it takes me straight to a 'purchase scubscription' page. There is no way to enter in my existing credentials.

Any ideas on how to link my Armor subscription to my Orbi?

thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 47

Accepted Solutions
dennismclyde
Tutor

Netgear support had me hold the reset button for 15 seconds and then reconfigure the Netgear router as if it was new. I had a few issues working through the reconfiguration. It may have helped if I had thought to unplug the satellites before doing the reset. In any event, it worked. After reconfiguration the security software was activated in the app. 

View solution in original post

Message 44 of 47

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @epsom11, welcome to the community! When logging in to the UI of the Orbi router, does it say that the status is enabled for Armor? Also, what firmware version is the Orbi?

Dexter

Message 2 of 47
epsom11
Tutor

Hi @DexterJB - on the app it says on the Security part of the screen "Expired". If I login to to the Orbi via a desktop browser, it says "Not Activated".

I'm on V2.5.0.38

thank you!

Message 3 of 47
hjk_plm
NETGEAR Expert

Hello @epsom11 Sorry that you are having this issue. Is the email address shown on the top right of armor.netgear.com and Orbi App in the setting - the account management same or different? Did you initiate the purchase from the Orbi app, armor.netgear.com, or email from NETGEAR?

Message 4 of 47
epsom11
Tutor

Hi @hjk_plm thanks for the note. Yes the email is the same. I initiated the purchase from an email from Netgear. 

thank you

Message 5 of 47
hjk_plm
NETGEAR Expert

I am a product manager for NETGEAR Armor. I like to understand further to help the situation. Can you please provide following information? I also sent you a DM with my email address. 

1. In the armor.netgear.com under My Subscriptions - NETGEAR Armor, how many devices are shown? Does it say 1 or 0?

2. What's the email that you have used to purchase the Armor? Could you please forward me to the advertised email? 

3. Could you please forward me the activation email with the code and email address that you have used?

I am also providing steps to activate the Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000060247/How-do-I-activate-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-using-an-activation...

To activate your NETGEAR Armor subscription with an activation code using armor.netgear.com:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.
  2. Visit armor.netgear.com.
  3. If prompted, enter your NETGEAR account credentials and click Sign in.
  4. Click Allow.
    Note: By clicking Allow, you are allowing Bitdefender to collect your profile information and email address.
    The NETGEAR Armor portal displays.
  5. Click the menu icon.
  6. Select My Subscriptions.
  7. Click Activation Code.
  8. Enter your activation code.
  9. Click ACTIVATION CODE.
    Your NETGEAR Armor subscription is now active.
Message 6 of 47
Cspeoples
Aspirant

I have the same issue. We currently have something stealing bandwidth from our network. I paid for Armor to avoid this type of thing.
Message 7 of 47
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Cspeoples, we'd like to help out. Are encountering an error when trying to activate Armor? If so, I have sent you a private message. Please respond for us to check.

Dexter

Message 8 of 47
Cspeoples
Aspirant

Yes. When I want to activate within the orbi app, the option is to activate the trial.  When I choose that option, I am told there is an error in my subscription.

Message 9 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. My subscription is active and works on Windows, Mobile, Mac, but Router Security will not register. It only takes me to a purchase link.
Message 10 of 47
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dj0, to confirm, are referring to the router web UI showing that your Armor subscription is not active?

Dexter

Message 11 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Same problem everyone else is having. I spoke on the phone for an hour with Netgear support and have lost the will to continue trying. I requested a refund. Thanks anyway.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 12 of 47
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dj0, thanks for responding. May I know if you've reached to the Bitdefender support team? They should be able to sort it out for you.

Dexter

Message 13 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Bitdefender and Netgear both. They even shared the same case # 42165355.
Message 14 of 47
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dj0, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 15 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

***Resolved*** The issue was that the subscription was activated on my old Nighthawk instead of the Orbi. Bitdefender support fixed it. Thank you DexterJB for figuring it out!
Message 16 of 47
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dj0, you're welcome! Glad to know I was able to help out on the matter.

Dexter

Message 17 of 47
chadwicktate
Aspirant

This is one of the worst products I've ever subscribed to. In addition to not being able to get the product to activate, all of my requests for support have been met with the response that there is no phone support for this product. If I could get my money back, I certainly would. It's disgraceful to not offer support for a software product.

Message 18 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you're talking about Netgear Armor, try to contact Bitdefender. They have phone support, live chat(my favorite), and email. https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/#contact
Message 19 of 47
Alev
Aspirant

Same here...after the trial expired, I bought Armor from the NETGEAR website on my Mac. Got the email, activation code; activated, but my Orbi app says it’s expired and takes to me the purchase page. Please help?
Message 20 of 47
mkfein
Star

I have the same issue... bought the subscription on armor.netgear.com, which shows my subscription is active.

But, I can't seem to get my Orbi to realize that. The app and web interface both show inactive with no apparent way to update...

Frustrated...

Message 21 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @Alev & @mkfein,

May you send me a private message with your serial number and email address. Also, have you got a chance to get in contact with Bitdefender support? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 22 of 47
mkfein
Star

Hi Christain -- I sent you a private message. I do have a case open with BitDefender, but they have not been able to resolve the issue.

Message 23 of 47
mkfein
Star

Update... still no luck activating "Armor" on my RBS50. Tried a factory reset...  I've had a case open with BitDefender for 5 days, 2 different support techs... they can't activate it either.

Feels like I paid $70 for some scam software... 

Message 24 of 47
Bgzaza
Tutor

I have the Orbi app. Trying to activate the Netgear Armor and it fails to connect to activate. It came with a 1 year free trial and it wont active. It keeps telling me it is loading than it times out saying it is not responding. 

Message 25 of 47
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7