Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Netgear Armor - cannot activate

Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Bgzaza, 

May you try enabling/disabling remote management in the Orbi app and see if you're able to activate Armor. 

Christian 

Message 26 of 47
Liorh
Aspirant

Hello
Same problem as everyone else.
Yesterday I bought the license for Armor.
I see it activate on armor.netgear.com website and I see also all my orbi connected devices on that website with those that I have Bitdefender scan application....,on the other hand orbi app still shows Expired for the security and the rbr20 configuration web page show “not activated”. I contacted Bitdefender support via third chat and support ticket 2020042610510001 opened.

Funny thing is you buy a new service from Netgear and when you try to open Netgear support ticket it is telling you your one year support is expired. I don’t understand how comes I buy service worth of 70$ and when I have a problem I need to write post in the community.

Lior
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 47
Bgzaza
Tutor

Still can’t activate armor on my Orbi. Please help. I click on so and it always times out. My firmware is up to date. What else do I need to do??
Message 28 of 47
dj0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bitdefender sorted it out for me.
Message 29 of 47
Liorh
Aspirant

Just checked my orbit app and problem sorted all good now.
Thaks
Message 30 of 47
Bgzaza
Tutor

Have tried to turn on and off the remote access and still not able to add armor to my orbit. It comes free for a year. Why can’t i?? Please help me. Getting frustrated.
Message 31 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dj0 & @Liorh - Thanks for getting back with an update! 

@Bgzaza - Please send me a private message with your email address and serial number and I'll have support reach out to you for assistance. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 32 of 47
kinsan
Aspirant

I have the problem.
Purchased Netgear Armor Bitdefender for my Orbi. Got the activation code. However, not able to activate. Please help ASAP.
Message 33 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kinsan - If you purchased your subscription from armor.netgear.com I would recommend getting in contact with Bitdefender support for assistance. 

Christian 

Message 34 of 47
mcs_01
Initiate

Same issue. Security ‘expired’ stuck on purchase page despite subscription. Account activated but ‘expired’ nonetheless. Infuriating. Feeling scammed.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 35 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mcs_01, 

May you let us know how you purchased the subscription (Orbi app, Bitdefender website, etc)? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 36 of 47
nzteddy2020
Aspirant

I had the same problem. However my experience with netgear support has been great. I used the chat function on the Orbi app to connect directly with Live chat. Theresa worked with me for ages to sort it out. In the end I needed to update the firmware on the router manually, the satelite had updated online but not the router. this seemed to sort it all out.

Message 37 of 47
spewak
Luminary

I updated the router firmware to the latest firmware V2.5.1.16 and now the Armor panel shows "Not activated". I have tried on the Orbi and Armor apps to rectify the situation to no avail. The only thing that I can think of is that my Netgear Orbi router is registered under a different email addy than my Armor subscription? At a loss really.

Message 38 of 47
witoonc
Aspirant

Hello,

I have subscribed the NetGear Armor since last December, and it was working fine. But after I reset my router back to factory setting, my NetGear Armor under Security keeps showing "Not Activiated" on both Web Admin and Orbi App access.

Model: Orbi RBR50

Firmware: V2.5.1.16

Message 39 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello spewak & witoonc,

May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number. Also, please let me know how you purchased your subscription (Orbi app, Bitdefender website, etc).

Christian 

Message 40 of 47
dennismclyde
Tutor

This is very disappointing this has been going on for so long. I am now on hold with support, being directed to the 3rd person after more than an hour. Clearly, the failure to be able to activate the security tab in the Orbi app is well know and a fix should be clearly stated on the support website. Why is Netgear not dealing with this issue in a satisfactory manner? Does anyone out there have the solution? I need to get on with work today. My email is the same both on line and in the app. I have done a firmware update and rebooted. No fix. I get the same thing everyone else is getting. 

Message 41 of 47
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dennismclyde, 

Were you able to activate Armor on your Orbi? If not, I'd like to look into this further for you. May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 42 of 47
relberfeld
Apprentice

I am trying to activate armor on my orbis.  Neither will activate.I press activate "trial" and get "error" failed to subscribe".  try again.  and again,  and again.  no real explanation.  

I am on 2.5.1.16 on both orbis.  I dont think I have ever activated this.  the orbis are 1 year plus out of warranty

do you have a product that works ?

your help is appreciated

Message 43 of 47
dennismclyde
Tutor

Netgear support had me hold the reset button for 15 seconds and then reconfigure the Netgear router as if it was new. I had a few issues working through the reconfiguration. It may have helped if I had thought to unplug the satellites before doing the reset. In any event, it worked. After reconfiguration the security software was activated in the app. 

Message 44 of 47
relberfeld
Apprentice

how does it work ? does it slow anything down ?  is the software already on the router or is it downloaded ?

Message 45 of 47
dennismclyde
Tutor

Reberfeld, See my post of this afternoon. 

Message 46 of 47
dennismclyde
Tutor

Thank you Christian. See my post of this afternoon. I was able to get it fixed. 

Message 47 of 47
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7