Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pre-Existing Bitdefender Subscription

dsmesh
Aspirant

Pre-Existing Bitdefender Subscription

Product Model: RBR750 

I already have a subscription to BitDefender Total Security (plus VPN Premium).  Is the BitDefender Security included with my Netgear Armor subscription the same product/service?   Do I need to wait until my current BitDefencer subscription expires to switch to the offering through Netgear or is there a way to get a pro-rated refund from BitDefender if I cancel my current subscription?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jynx1313
Initiate

Re: Pre-Existing Bitdefender Subscription

I had the same issue.  They consider them separate products and would not discount or prorate.  My subscription expired for my BitDefender Total Security and then caused confusion of the other subscription (Netgear Armor).  I had to uninstall with Bitdefender customer service assistance and then reinstall, log in and then recognized the other subscription when i downloaded from the netgear armour site.  Also of note, if your subscription is expiring with Armor and you decided to renew early, the extra time is not added to the subscription.  I am little frustrated spending quite a bit of time with Armor customer service and not getting anywhere with adding time or prorating the time lost from the previous subscription.  Just be forwarned.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
jynx1313
Initiate

I had the same issue.  They consider them separate products and would not discount or prorate.  My subscription expired for my BitDefender Total Security and then caused confusion of the other subscription (Netgear Armor).  I had to uninstall with Bitdefender customer service assistance and then reinstall, log in and then recognized the other subscription when i downloaded from the netgear armour site.  Also of note, if your subscription is expiring with Armor and you decided to renew early, the extra time is not added to the subscription.  I am little frustrated spending quite a bit of time with Armor customer service and not getting anywhere with adding time or prorating the time lost from the previous subscription.  Just be forwarned.

Message 2 of 3
dsmesh
Aspirant

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements