Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Printers print mostly empty page three times on their own

srs51
Aspirant

Printers print mostly empty page three times on their own

I installed my Orbi RBR20 system late last year, and generally like it.  No issues, but since moving to the ORBI with 2 satelites there have been multiple ocassions where both of the printers in my network print three single-page copies as follows:

HEAD  /  HTTP/1.1

Host:    192.168.1.12:9100

User-Agent:  curl/7.59.0

Accept: */*

The remainder of each page is blank.  The two printers are:

1, an HP laserjet connected to an ORBI satelite using its RJ-45 port and Cat 6 cable; and

2. a Canon MCF color laser printer connected to the Base Station using its RJ-45 port and Cat 6 cable

This never happened until after I started using the ORBI components.  I used an Apple Airport Extreme previously.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  If yes, were you able to stop it from happening?  Thanks, Steven

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Printers print mostly empty page three times on their own

There have been many (MANY) posts on this issue.  It appears that Bitdefender Armor scans every device on your network once a week for vulnerabilities and this causes some models of printers to spit out three pages of paper.  The only known solution is to deactivate Armor.

Please look in the Armor community forum for more information (possibly other solutions?)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7