Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000/Armor

MN58490214
Initiate

R7000/Armor

Unable to activate Armor on my Nighthawk R7000 router. I get through the login but when I click "activate" it errors with: "Activation Failed The NETGEAR Armor security activation process failed due to some reason. Please contact Technical Support for more details."

Fun thing about this: there is no way to open a ticket. Armor isn't listed as a product in Netgear My Products even though I paid $70 for it. Tried submitting via armor.netgear.com/support and they seem to have the submit button disabled. There appeared to be no combination of choices on the form where Submit worked. Tried Firefox and Chrome. At this point I just want a refund but even that seems impossible.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MN58490214, welcome to the community! I assume you've gone through the trial for Armor and you're trying to activate the code. If so, others have reported that Bitdefender was able to activate it from their end. You can reach them through the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

If you already have, you can send me a private message with the serial number and email used for the Armor subscription.

Dexter

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MN58490214, were you able to get this sorted out? If not, please let me know.

Dexter

Message 3 of 7
MN58490214
Initiate

I did finally figure out how to reach Netgear support and they were unable to ressolve. I contacted Bitdefender and canceled the Armor subscription.

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MN58490214, I've sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 5 of 7
rmcoomes
Aspirant

I've got exactly the same issue.   Trying to activate Armor for the first time...   I get the same error message: 

The NETGEAR Armor security activation process failed due to some reason.
Please contact Technical Support for more details.

Any help appreciated!
Message 6 of 7
cfansoon
Tutor

I use web browser Safari login to 192.168.1.1

and activate Armor from web browser interface, no problem at all.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7