Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Netgear Armor Printing during security scan

gjblajian
Star

R7000 Netgear Armor Printing during security scan

I have the R7000 and have installed Netgear Armor (annual paid subscription). Since it was installed I have gotten random print outs on my Epson and HP printers. Most likely during the security scans. I know the issue is addressed here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Vulnerability-scan-triggers-HP-printer-to-print-pages... but my question has to be, what is that new version referring to? My version of Netgear Armor is v2.18.290-e70ff73 and my R7000 firmware version is v1.0.11.10_10.2.100. The version that is posted as a fix is 2.5.1.16. Version of what? That version bears little resemblance to the Netgear Armor version I am running and certainly is not applicable to the router itself. Can anyone offer any guidance here, please? I am not happy that I paid annually for a product (Netgear Armor) that does not have live support. Thank you.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7000 Netgear Armor Printing during security scan

Hi gjblajian,

May you update your router to the latest firmware version linked below and let us know if your issue persists after the firmware update. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062112/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-106

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gjblajian,

May you update your router to the latest firmware version linked below and let us know if your issue persists after the firmware update. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062112/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-106

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
Pinstemon
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I also have the issue of my printers (LAN attached) producing 4 pages when the Armor Vulnerability Scan runs. Based on your post, I found the firmware update and manually applied the update to my router on 8/18/20. The firmware version is now 1.0.11.106_10.2.100. When the vulnerability scan ran today, both printers produced 4 pages.

Any further suggestions?

Pinstemon

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pinstemon,

May you send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 8
gjblajian
Star

Thank you. I applied the update to my router several weeks ago but wanted to give it time to run multiple scans before I called it a solution. My R7000 firmware version is now: V1.0.11.106_10.2.100
After several weeks neither printer is exhibiting the issue any longer. Thank you for your help.
Message 5 of 8
lamcarter
Aspirant

Is there a fix for the Orbi router?
Message 6 of 8
lamcarter
Aspirant

Can I get some assistance...a response?
Message 7 of 8
gjblajian
Star

lamcarter, you may want to post your question about the orbi in a different or new thread. One specific to your particular model number since this one is specifically about the Netgear Nighthawk R7000. This one is marked as answered and is not likely to get much attention.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7