Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P - Armor and Bitdefender subscriptions

Jayip54
Guide

R7000P - Armor and Bitdefender subscriptions

I currently have a Bitdefender subscription covering my computer. If I activate Armor and pay for the subscription is that duplicative? Is it possible to roll the Bitdefender subscription into Armor?  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Jayip54,

The NETGEAR Armor is a separate subscription from other stand alone Bitdefender programs.

Dexter

Message 2 of 13
dgilliam24
Initiate

Dexter I have the same question and I think you missed the point. We both already have Bitdefender protection. If we activate Armor it sounds like we're paying for Bitdefender twice! Obviously they're two different subscriptions but it certainly sounds like they provide almost the same coverage.
Message 3 of 13
Jayip54
Guide

That was exa tly what I was asking. What is the advantage of Armor over the regular Bitdefender product?

Message 4 of 13
spewak
Luminary

Basically adding protection for IOT devices. Netgear is replicating Bitdefender Box 2 services into Armor.

Message 5 of 13
Jayip54
Guide

Thanks. This is what I was looking for from the start. So one more Armor question - can I access the router info to check on it when I am not directly on the protected wifi at home - like when travelling? 

Message 7 of 13
Jayip54
Guide

I also have tried to send a support message but it does not work on teh web page. When I try to use my activation code for my Bitdefender acct it says I need to have support merge the accounts.

Message 8 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Yes, you can always login to the Armor portal/web page from anywhere via a browser (armor.netgear.com) or the apps (Nighthawk/Orbi). Is that for a separate BitDefender product?

Message 9 of 13
Jayip54
Guide

Dexter - That is not what I asked. I AM LOGGED into that page and yes, as I have mentioned previously it is a Bitdefender product. On the website it says I can merge it so I do not have to have 2 separate products. When I try to the page does not work - in 3 different browsers - so I ask again, is there a way to call in and speak with a human so I do not have to keep repeating myself to you????

Message 10 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

You can check the link below for Bitdefender support.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Message 11 of 13
Jayip54
Guide

You really don't understand. That is where I started with all this. It sent me to the armor.netgear page and I netered my activation code from Bitdefender and it said I can combin ethem an dthat is when nothing happened an d why I am writing this. Please read the full message trail. Or get me a way to speak to a person so I can get this resolved - it there an escallation process with supprt or are you it?

Message 12 of 13
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Apologies for the back and forth. There is a Call Us option on the link that I've provided above that shows contact numbers for Bitdefender. They will be the ones who can better answer your subscription concerns. I'll attach a screenshot of the page if that helps.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7