Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P Armor & Circle Subscribed, minor child using armor vpn to bypass circle!

ron1cne
Aspirant

R8000P Armor & Circle Subscribed, minor child using armor vpn to bypass circle!

I have subscribed to Armor by Bit defender and Circle parental controls. My minor child has found the included bit defender vpn in the armor by Bit defender client and turns it on to bypass the circle parental controls. I was wondering if you'll realize the problem this is creating? Circle needs to look at that tcp stack before armor packages it up. But with no circle client on the desktop with integration to armor, i don't see how that is going to happen. Am I missing something?
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R8000P Armor & Circle Subscribed, minor child using armor vpn to bypass circle!

Hello ron1cne, 

I have brought this up to our product teams and will provide an update as soon as I can. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R8000P Armor & Circle Subscribed, minor child using armor vpn to bypass circle!

Hi ron1cne,

May you log into the Circle app and set "VPNs and Proxies" to "Not Allowed" under the profile filter settings. You may refer to the article below.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037567611-Resolving-Evasion-Issues-Virtual-Priva...

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7