Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 200 Netgear Armor Will Not Install

dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

RAX 200 Netgear Armor Will Not Install

Despite two support tickets into Bitdefender-five days later there is total silence. After upgrading my RAX 200 to the most current firmware I cannot install my Netgear Armor subscription-it only gives me a trial message which of course fails with an error message-Failed to Subscribe-essentially an endless loop. I have tried a hard reset several times with no effect. I am at a loss why my paid Netgear Armor subcription is not recognized by my RAX 200 router. Sorry if there is a solution somewhere on this board but I do not have the time to go through all the messages (I tried but none of the solutions that worked for others did not work for me). Help please.

@Christian_R 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

Re: RAX 200 Netgear Armor Will Not Install

This issue has been resolved by Bitdefender 2nd level support-it appears that even though I never tried to install Netgear Armor before, when you register your product and it is Netgear Armor ready it is put into your account on armor.netgear.com as your router. Well over the years I have installed several Netgear routers that were Netgear Armor ready and all three (including the RAX 200) were listed on the Netgear Armor website. This caused the Nighthawk app to be confused as to which router you were trying to install Netgear Armor. The solution was to contact  Bitdefender support (I used chat in this case) and I explained what I thought was happening https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ (scroll all the way down to select chat or other methods of support). I gave the representative the MAC ID for my RAX 200 which of course uniquely identified my routers hardware. He immediately elevated my case to 2nd level Bitdefender support and I got the following email from Bitdefender support after about a little more than a week (he was very apologetic):

"I'm sending you this email to let you know that we have removed your old routers as requested.

There was also a sync issue between your account and the Armor subscription because your initial purchase of Armor was for a different Netgear model (note: my attempt to install Netgear Armor had picked an old router no longer in use). To ensure that this won't happen again I have disabled the automatic renewal and you will have to manually renew it next year.

I have made all the necessary changes from our side. In order to complete the process you may need to reset your router to factory settings.
You can follow the steps from the following link on how to reset it: https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

After the reset process has been finished follow the steps from this guide to enable Armor:

In this case I did not do a hard reset (just me being lazy) and attempted to install the Netgear Armor via the Nighthawk app which was successful. I would recommend that you do not have automatic renewal on your Netgear Armor subcription and that you ensure you only have one router listed under my router in your Netgear Armor account. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hey dglsmcd_USMC, 

Hope you're doing well! May you send me a private message with your email address and serial number for me to check further. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
dglsmcd_USMC
Luminary

This issue has been resolved by Bitdefender 2nd level support-it appears that even though I never tried to install Netgear Armor before, when you register your product and it is Netgear Armor ready it is put into your account on armor.netgear.com as your router. Well over the years I have installed several Netgear routers that were Netgear Armor ready and all three (including the RAX 200) were listed on the Netgear Armor website. This caused the Nighthawk app to be confused as to which router you were trying to install Netgear Armor. The solution was to contact  Bitdefender support (I used chat in this case) and I explained what I thought was happening https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ (scroll all the way down to select chat or other methods of support). I gave the representative the MAC ID for my RAX 200 which of course uniquely identified my routers hardware. He immediately elevated my case to 2nd level Bitdefender support and I got the following email from Bitdefender support after about a little more than a week (he was very apologetic):

"I'm sending you this email to let you know that we have removed your old routers as requested.

There was also a sync issue between your account and the Armor subscription because your initial purchase of Armor was for a different Netgear model (note: my attempt to install Netgear Armor had picked an old router no longer in use). To ensure that this won't happen again I have disabled the automatic renewal and you will have to manually renew it next year.

I have made all the necessary changes from our side. In order to complete the process you may need to reset your router to factory settings.
You can follow the steps from the following link on how to reset it: https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

After the reset process has been finished follow the steps from this guide to enable Armor:

In this case I did not do a hard reset (just me being lazy) and attempted to install the Netgear Armor via the Nighthawk app which was successful. I would recommend that you do not have automatic renewal on your Netgear Armor subcription and that you ensure you only have one router listed under my router in your Netgear Armor account. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@dglsmcd_USMC

Thanks for getting back to the thread with an update! This benefits all that visit the community!

Best regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7