Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 Dropping internet with armor

nateaf
Follower

RBK50 Dropping internet with armor

When I enable Armor on the Orbi, internet will drop in 24 hours or less, and the only way to restore it is to reboot the router.  With Armor disabled, I do not have any issues with the internet.  I have performed a factory reset of the router, with the same result.  Any suggestions?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @nateaf, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Hi @nateaf . I was just going over some older unread posts and came across yours. I don't know if you were able to resolve your issue, but I will share my own experience with you if only for the benefit of other users perhaps. The dasy chain option is enabled by default on the Orbi router. If you only have one satellite, disabling it will get rid of the internet drops -- at least, this has been my experience. Once I installed a second satellite, I re-enabled the daisy chain option and that resulted in much better reach over the whole network, with no internet drops whatsoever. My Armor trial has since run out and I am still sitting on the fence as to whether or not I should buy the one-year subscription.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7