Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR40 with 3 satellites: always issues!

roccota
Aspirant

RBR40 with 3 satellites: always issues!

Since when I installed the Bitdefender protection, I'm noticing that the Orbi network in the house is very unstable: I have one RBR40 router, with 3 satellites: most of the time 2 out of 3 satellites becoming either Poorly connected or go into this Config Sync mode; this is very bad! I'm very disappointed. A lot of money spent to have 3 satellites, they work very bad.

I have tried to re-sync or to power cycle many times, but it doesn't help: after a while they go back in that situation.

The worst thing is that I often lose wifi in the house due to this.

I'm thinking to change system, I'm not happy with Orbi!

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@roccota wrote:

Since when I installed the Bitdefender protection, I'm noticing that the Orbi network in the house is very unstable:

My first step would be to remove Bitdefender.  If the problem goes away, then you have a simple choice:

• Have stable WiFi without Bitdefender (which many of us never activated), or
  • Reactivate Bitdefender and try to find a way to live with it.

There is a community forum specifically for Bitdefender Armor:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor 

People who participate in that forum are more likely to have personal experience with Bitdefender than many of us in this forum who opted to ignore it.

Message 2 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

If running a windows based PC, especially with the latest Windows 10 2004 installed, it is my honest opinion that you are better of removing all 3rd party virus protection software and go with the built in Windows Security. It is updated very often and gives great firewall and virus protection, as good as the 3rd party software does.

At some customer's requests, I've installed Bitdefender, AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, Trend Micro, F-Secure and more. Each time there have been complaints about slow network, inaccessable websites, blocked email attachments, programs with virus in them and more. This is due to the strict firewall and protection rules most of these programs setup. Sometimes their processor usage can get high. 

I found too many false positives for websites, software installation, file viewing and downloading as well as systems running slower than normal at times.

Message 3 of 6
roccota
Aspirant

I am trying that right now.

Unfortunately I paid for Bitdefender and it was supported by Netgear, so, now, it's bad that I have to disable, when it was supposed to work perfectly fine with Orbi!

Anyway, I'll give this a try, before I change my wifi provider.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

It certainly can't hurt to post the problem in the Bitdefender Armor forum.  (as in, "free! except for your time)

Just to be brutally honest, I never even scan the posts in that forum.  The day that Disney Circle and Bitdefender Armor showed up in Orbi new firmware, I said, "Not interested.  Go away."  (Maybe I should be interested in Armor, but I am too stubborn to find out.)

People who participate in the Armor forum, on the other hand, have sort of a vested interest in the product.

Message 5 of 6
roccota
Aspirant

OK, the problem seems to be gone. It was the Bitdefender!

I strongly recommend Netgear/Orbi to discourage its use: it's at least 5 days that my Orbi network is stable in the house, with no glitches, no poor or Config Sync connections.

I still have Bitdefender on my individual devices (I've paid the subscription....!!! Sigh!), but on the Orbi network: garbage!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7