Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 Armor installation on router and iOS devices

benplayle
Tutor

RBR50 Armor installation on router and iOS devices

I purchased an Armor subscription yesterday and am experiencing several issues.

.  While the Orbi app shows that Armor is activated on my RBR50 router, orbilogin.com shows that it is not, and when I login to armor.netgear.com I just get a continuously spinning wheel after providing my Netgear login details.

.  The 'devices manager' tab on the Orbi app won't recognise that I've installed the Armor app on my iPhone and iPad.  Instead, it keeps encouraging me to do so, or I get the message 'security details currently unavailable' in relation to each device.

I'd be grateful for any help.  Thanks. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mbracchini, 

The issue with armor.netgear.com should be resolved. Please visit the site and let us know if you're still experiencing issues. 

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
benplayle
Tutor

I should add that the firmware is completely up-to-date on my RBR50, as are the iOS and iPadOS on my devices, and the Orbi app on both.

Message 2 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello benplayle, 

Welcome to the community! Would you mind letting us know how you purchased the Armor subscription (Orbi app, website, etc.)? 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 9
benplayle
Tutor

Hi @Christian_R ,

Thanks for your reply.

I purchased my Armor subscription on the website.

After some reinstallations and reactivations I've got most things working.  The remaining issues are:

.  Armor is now working on the Orbi app, except when I go to the security tab, tap on one of my protected mobile devices (on which I've installed Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS), and then seek to view its location.  That results in a spinning wheel for a minute or two, after which the app fails to locate the device unless it's currently connected to my network.

.  The armor.netgear.com site is still barely working for me.  I'm now able to log-in, but when I click on my router or on any of my other devices to view their information I get a spinning wheel until my log-in to the site times out.

I would appreciate your advice on those issues.

As an aside, I saw that Bitdefender has dropped the anti-theft features for Mobile Security for iOS from mid last December, aside from being able to locate a protected device (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32253/).  Are you planning updates to the Orbi app as a result?

Cheers,

Ben

Message 4 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ben,

I was able to experience the same issue you experienced with the armor.netgear.com website. Thanks for bringing this up! I'd like for our support team to get in contact with you regarding the issues you're experiencing. If you're interested, please send me a message with your contact info and serial number. 

As for updates to the Orbi app due to the absence of anti-theft features. We currently do not have information addressing that but I'll be sure to provide an update as soon as I can. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 5 of 9
benplayle
Tutor

Thanks @Christian_R .

My guess is that this is related to Bitdefender dropping support for anti-theft features, but this hasn't flowed through to updates to the Orbi or Netgear Armor apps, or the armor.netgear.com site.

In any case, it would be great if your support team could take a look.  How do I private message you with my serial number, etc?

Cheers,

Ben

Message 6 of 9
benplayle
Tutor

Sorry, @Christian_R , ignore my last request.  I found the (rather obvious) envelope at the top of the screen and have sent you a private message.  I'll look forward to hearing from your support team.  Cheers, Ben

Message 7 of 9
mbracchini
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue with armor.netgear.com with a spinning wheel... any update on the issue and fix?  Thank you.

Message 8 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mbracchini, 

The issue with armor.netgear.com should be resolved. Please visit the site and let us know if you're still experiencing issues. 

Christian 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7