Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50-can’t disable Armor

Trivtush
Follower

RBR50-can’t disable Armor

Cannot disable the Armor. When you toggle the switch in the app, it does not turn the security off.
Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

FPlease post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Good Luck. 

@Trivtush wrote:
Cannot disable the Armor. When you toggle the switch in the app, it does not turn the security off.

Message 2 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Trivtush - May you provide us with a screenshot of the app when tapping on the toggle. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 8
Ngearvictim
Guide

I don't see a toggle or any way to disable on my Orbi app, or in my Orbi router administration pages.

please help.

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Trivtush - May you provide us with a screenshot of the app when tapping on the toggle. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ngearvictim, 

Please refer to the article below to disable Armor using the Orbi app. You may need to update to the latest version of the Orbi app which can be done by reinstalling the app.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Christian 

Message 5 of 8
kim1of2
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem since updating firmware that came with the Armor security. Internet is constantly dropping random devices: Ring, iphones, Smart tv, just randomly. I never had this problem prior to the firmware update with Armor trial. When I enter Security snd attempt toggle off a message pops up stating "Error Device is offline". The device is not offline, as I am actively logged in through the app. On a related forum there was a suggestion to enter "Remote Access" and turn this on and off. There is no "Remote Access" category in the Nighthawk app. I assume this means the "Anywhere Access" category. However when I attemppt to toggle "Enable Access Anywhere" I get yet another Error messsage. This one reads "Some error occurred while enabling/ disabling Anywhere Access."

Is there any other way to remove the Armor trial? Working remotely and having a child in Virtual school makes this problem especially frustrating, as we are both being dropped off the wifi repeateedly throughout the day. 

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 6 of 8
kim1of2
Aspirant

Second error screenshot below

Message 7 of 8
Mewho411
Aspirant

I have tried to figure out how to disable Armor, I can't find it.  I have the RB50 router and satellites.  i connect directly to the app and in it, I click on security <nothing happens>  I try to click on advance/security and can't find a disable for Armor.

I have searched other links within netgear - nothing.

And I find a disable via the mobile app either.  I did take pictures but sadly every time I upload <chrome or edge> the process locks up and becomes unresponsive.  I don't want Armor it's frankly not worth it.  I thought it would protect the router from being DDoS attacked with an ips/ids so that my system won't keep faulting but that's not it's purpose and I already am protected on my devices from spam/antiv/maleware.

help please.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7