Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: REMOVING Bitdefender

BRC-va
Initiate

REMOVING Bitdefender

I recently made the mistake of downloading and installing Bitdefender Total Security.  Since then I hacve been unable to open several "not secure" websites including my own company's that I need to updata and secure, but now can't because I can't access it.  How, then, do I fix this?  I have tried the prescribed "exclusions" method only to find that I must upgrade my subscription.  Ain't happening, so how do I get Bitdefender deleted from my router without resetting my router to factory settings?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Armor app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

@BRC-va wrote:

I recently made the mistake of downloading and installing Bitdefender Total Security.  Since then I hacve been unable to open several "not secure" websites including my own company's that I need to updata and secure, but now can't because I can't access it.  How, then, do I fix this?  I have tried the prescribed "exclusions" method only to find that I must upgrade my subscription.  Ain't happening, so how do I get Bitdefender deleted from my router without resetting my router to factory settings?

Message 2 of 5

@BRC-va wrote:

Ain't happening, so how do I get Bitdefender deleted from my router without resetting my router to factory settings?

Don't waste your time and other people's efforts by posting somewhere else that isn't appropriate.

Ask Bitfdefender. It produced the software that you installed.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @BRC-va, it is best to reach out to the Bitdefender support team via the link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
BRC-va
Initiate

Dexter, thank you.  I was/am quite upset with what occurred after the last firmware update was installed.  I presumed that it was a Netgear issue because it resulted from the firmware update.  I did contact both Netgear and Bitdefender.  It turns out that I did resort to resetting the ORBI router and the problem ws solved - for now.  I have begun a dialogue with Bitdefender.  Sorry to have raised the angst of anyone in the community.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7