Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN 104 Error: kmem_cache_alloc+5c

mcAugt
Aspirant

RN 104 Error: kmem_cache_alloc+5c

Hi! I am from Brazil, dealing with the english technical terms, please be patient!

I have a NETGEAR READYNAS 104 DISKLESS (RN10400) since 2014, and it works fine until now. I noticed that I couldn't find my NAS on my network and when I check the equipment, saw a message "kmem_cache_alloc+5c". I tried to reboot it, but the only way to do something is to disconnect the power cable from the device. After the boot, I got the same message, and I got desperate.

I saw some guy saying that could be a hardware problem, a memory ploblem. I suppose my disks are fine, I have 4 hds with 2TB each.

What should I do? 

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
mcAugt
Aspirant

If I couldn't recover my device, can I remove de disks and recover the data from my hd drives?

Message 2 of 4
mcAugt
Aspirant

I have downloaded RAIDar 6.4 for Windows, the software was unable to find my device.

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi! @mcAugt

Welcome to the Community!

You can do a memory test through the Boot menu to check. If it's a bad RAM since RN104's memory is soldered then it is considered as a Hardware problem. If your NAS is under 3 years then it would be best to contact Support to request for RMA.

You can connect your disks to your PC and use a apps like r-linux or ReCLAIMe. This way you may recover your data from the RAID.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7