Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random Printing

BruKat
Aspirant

Random Printing

I have the some random printing with a Epson ET-2720 printer, usually once a week.

Attached a sample printing, they are all the sam.

I need it for remote printing.

Need a fix, was told probably a Armor issue?

Have a paid Armor subscription also

Thanks

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rinthos
Luminary

Re: Random Printing

I thoguht I'd replied to this elsewhere, so appologies if this is a duplicate response...

The page you are seeing is being generated by Netgear Armor weekly scans.

The Netgear Armor / Bit Defender team will need to update their scanner.  It appears currently they are sending scan commands to your printer to try to "hack it", but some of those commands are being sent over ports that are interpreted as "print" commands.

If your printer allows you to block IP addresses from printing, you could likely block any printing from 192.168.1.1.  IF it doesn;t, then either it will need to be Off when the Armor scan occurs, or there will need to be an update to the Armor Scanner.

I know Netgear often updates the Bitdefender Armor scanner in newer firmwars...so make sure you are on the latest firmware for your router, as it may contain this fix.  If not, I'd open a case w/ Netgear and even Bit Defender, they'll need to have their teams provide an update.

I see in your signature you have an R7000P router, are you on firmware: 1.3.2.126 ? Looks to have several fixes/updates related to armor, so worth a shot...You may need to factory reset your router after a firmware upgrade, and then reconfigure everthing...but I'd give it a shot without doing that first...

https://kb.netgear.com/000062478/R7000P-Firmware-Version-1-3-2-126

@BruKat wrote:

I have the some random printing with a Epson ET-2720 printer, usually once a week.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
rinthos
Luminary

I thoguht I'd replied to this elsewhere, so appologies if this is a duplicate response...

The page you are seeing is being generated by Netgear Armor weekly scans.

The Netgear Armor / Bit Defender team will need to update their scanner.  It appears currently they are sending scan commands to your printer to try to "hack it", but some of those commands are being sent over ports that are interpreted as "print" commands.

If your printer allows you to block IP addresses from printing, you could likely block any printing from 192.168.1.1.  IF it doesn;t, then either it will need to be Off when the Armor scan occurs, or there will need to be an update to the Armor Scanner.

I know Netgear often updates the Bitdefender Armor scanner in newer firmwars...so make sure you are on the latest firmware for your router, as it may contain this fix.  If not, I'd open a case w/ Netgear and even Bit Defender, they'll need to have their teams provide an update.

I see in your signature you have an R7000P router, are you on firmware: 1.3.2.126 ? Looks to have several fixes/updates related to armor, so worth a shot...You may need to factory reset your router after a firmware upgrade, and then reconfigure everthing...but I'd give it a shot without doing that first...

https://kb.netgear.com/000062478/R7000P-Firmware-Version-1-3-2-126

@BruKat wrote:

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
BruKat
Aspirant

So far appears to be working 

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats